The Window Assembler works as part of a team performing multiple duties for the production and assembly of windows and/or entry door products. This team member’s assigned team and tasks will vary based on business necessity.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Flexibility of work hours including mandatory OT when business needs requires.
- Ability to learn and rotate to different tasks and/or positions with varying physical requirements.
- Ability to move to different lines and responsibilities.
- Ability to safely work with and around moving equipment
- Ability to communicate in a concise, polite and respectful manner with team members.
- Regular/dependable attendance consistent with attendance guidelines is required.
- Perform standard work within predetermined cycle times while adhering to accuracy and quality standards.
- Comply with safety, quality, and production requirements and procedures.
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the job.
- Ability to learn and perform repetitive job tasks.
- Maintain good housekeeping.
- Inspect product for quality.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Company Name
- Surge Staffing
- Parkersburg, WV
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Pass drug screen.
- Pass pre-employment tests.
- Pass pre-work ability/ modified functional capacity screen, if required for position.
- Successful completion of pre-screen testing (mechanical, following instructions, numerical computation), if required for position.
- Manufacturing related experience is preferred.
- Job specific experience is preferred.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Decision making / problem solving in a manufacturing environment with minimal supervision.
- Use of hand tools and machinery is required.
- Requires above average communication skills and the cognitive ability to learn the safety, quality, and productivity standards.
- Familiarity with American units of measure for weight, time, and distance.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
- Use of measurement devices.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
Incumbents must be able to identify and differentiate between individual parts:
Other competencies include:
- Production labels
- Production carts and cart numerical system
- Computerized production system
- Ability to locate and comprehend information provided on labels. Specifically, style of window (DH, SH, PC, DS, EV), glass color, glass size and match to label
- The Cleaner must understand orientation of glass being used so you can use a razor to clean the glass. You cannot use razor on (EPS Glass)
- Must be able to place product in proper unit on production racks
- The Cleaner must be able to clean glass at rate of 50 units per hour.
- How to Apply