Northwest Pipe Company
Looking for an opportunity with career growth? Motivated to cross-train? Want to work for a highly respected team? Then we want to hear from YOU!
Northwest Pipe Company, a North American leader in the manufacturing of welded steel pipe, is looking for dynamic, energetic and career-minded people who can make a difference and will immediately contribute towards taking our company to the next level. We are currently seeking a Welder to support our growing operations at our Parkersburg, WV facility.
The Welder I is responsible for performing welding, scarfing, cutting, grinding, and moving of pipe. They will also be responsible for filling out daily pick-up reports.
- Proper and safe use of welding equipment to include but not limited to welding machine, grinder and cutting torch.
- Perform x-ray quality welds.
- Cleans and grinds welds as required.
- Repair welds to required specifications.
- Use of tools for cutting and fitting offset.
- Follows all work instructions, procedures, and job safely analysis (JSA’s).
- Reading of drawings.
- Identify and report any unsafe working conditions or equipment.
- Operation of roll equipment
- Operation of overhead crane
- Sub arc welding
- Pick-up welding
- Forklift operation
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in English.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence in English.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- 10 Hour Shift
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
- Company Name
- Northwest Pipe Company
- Parkersburg, WV
QUALIFICATIONS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- FCAW- 2G and 3G Certified and/or the ability to pass weld test.
- SMAW- 2G, 3G and 7018 certified and/or the ability to pass weld test.
- SAW- Sub Arc.
- ASME 1-3 years.
- D1.1- X-ray 1-2 years.
- Back gouge of base metal.
- Pass 3G vertical plate weld test.
- Must be able to operate a welding machine and grinder safely.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- 1-year certificate from college or technical school; or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- FCAW/Semi Welding.
- Welding machines (wire & stick).
- Arc Gouging Equipment.
- SMAW qualified.
- Experience operating forklifts, overhead crane and or sub arc welding helpful.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The environmental conditions for this position include inclement indoor/outdoor extremes of cold, heat, dust, wind and various forms of precipitation.
- Walking, moving around and or standing eight (8) hours or more per day.
- Recurring climbing and descending of stairs or stepladders throughout the day to perform work. Work for this position may be performed at an elevated station.
- A limited amount of sitting/kneeling may be required for this position.
- There is repetitive hand-wrist, elbow and shoulder motion required for this position for approximately eight (8) hours or more during the workday.
- Lifting and or retrieving items of 0-50 pounds without assistance; 50-100 pounds with assistance and 100+ pounds with mechanical assistance.
- In the course of a normal day additional physical activities include bending, stooping, squatting, crawling, pushing, pulling, twisting, reaching, performing work in awkward positions and climbing ladders.
- Employees in this position are exposed to a wide range of varying degree of moderate to excessive noise levels.
- Sight must be within normal ranges to determine that machines are running properly. Specific vision abilities also include close, distance, color, peripheral, depth and the ability to adjust and focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- welding: 1 year (Preferred)
- $17.50 per hour
- How to Apply