Operates machinery within generally defined work instructions which contributes to the achievement of expected production volumes.
The responsibilities of the Welder include joining metal and other weldable material by applying appropriate welding techniques in accordance with product specifications, approved welding standards and production schedules.
- Weld steel components with welding equipment as specified by layouts, engineering drawings, work orders, or verbal instructions.
- Work includes set-up and laying out work using fixtures and positioning devices
- Operate forklifts, hoists, hand power tools, slings, grinders, cutting torch, and other hand tools related to the jobs needs.
- Utilize in-process measuring techniques including but not limited to weld gauges
- Inspect and correct welds as necessary to meet product specifications.
- Read, understand, and follow job order specifications, engineering drawings, weld symbols, and/or work orders.
- Willingness to cross-train and perform the work of other job tasks in addition to the primary assigned position.
- Inspect equipment to maintain functional equipment if any equipment needs repairs notify supervisor/lead or maintenance department.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to FLSmidth safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- May perform flame cutting or arc welding operations when required
- As part of job enrichment, and at the company’s discretion, cross training in other areas will be give
- Company Name
- Charleston (Frazier's Bottom) WV 25082
The job has no supervisory responsibilities
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands and fingers, hand to, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is exposed to fumes and may at time be required to wear a respirator. The employee will occasionally work at heights using the correct PPE.The noise level in the work environment is one that is typically associated with a manufacturing facility.
- 2 years’ experience preferred
- Welding certification(s) preferred
- Must have an understanding of basic metallurgy, tolerance, tools, mathematics, layout
- Must be able to interpret blue prints
- Familiar with a variety of welder concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to understand welding symbols and diagrams, read blueprints, and/or other printed instructional material in the welding of products or parts.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with welding equipment such as torches, torch tips, filler rods, flux, hoses, valves, and compressed gasses
- Must have the ability to follow written or verbal instructions
- Must have knowledge of health and safety requirements including but not limited to fire hazards
- Computer skills: ability to use the computer for time tracking purposes
- How to Apply