PLEASE APPLY TO THIS POSTING NO LATER THAN NOVEMBER 22, 2020.
Mountaineer Gas Company is the largest natural gas distribution company in West Virginia with over 220,000 customers and 450 employees. We service forty-nine (49) of the fifty-five (55) counties in West Virginia and maintain close to 6,000 miles of pipeline.
UTILITY WORKER – HUNTINGTON SERVICE CENTER (HUNTINGTON, WV)
We are currently recruiting in our Huntington Service Center for a Utility Worker.
- Assists with locating gas lines and installation, replacement, or repairs to gas mains or service lines.
- May assist customer servicemen with changing meters, investigation of customer complaints, and response to customer inquiries.
- Reads gas meters and records volume used by residential and commercial consumers.
- Calls upon delinquent customers to collect or disconnect gas service at the meter or curb box.
- Inspects natural gas distribution equipment and appurtenances for defects; reports odors, leaks, damage, and unauthorized connections.
- Indicates irregularities and notifies proper department for service action.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position is subject to applicable DOT regulations including Anti-Drug and Alcohol Misuse Prevention Plan and Operator Qualifications (OQ).
Mountaineer Gas Company is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/Disabled/Vet).
- Company Name
- Mountaineer Gas
- Huntington, WV 25701
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must live within 30 minutes of the service center and maintain residency within that parameter throughout employment in field operations positions.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record.
- Working outdoors in all types of weather and driving in all weather conditions.
- Tact and diplomacy when dealing with difficult customer interactions.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate mechanical/pneumatic equipment and hand tools.
- Ability to utilize and accurately enter information into a computer/handheld electronic device for data collection.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Subject to overtime (scheduled and non-scheduled) and emergency callouts as needed.
- Previous natural gas field operations experience.
- Class A CDL driver’s license.
- How to Apply