Mountaineer Gas Company is the largest natural gas distribution company in West Virginia with over 220,000 customers and 450 employees. We service forty-nine (49) of the fifty-five (55) counties in West Virginia and maintain close to 6,000 miles of pipeline.
UTILITY WORKER – LOGAN SERVICE CENTER (CHAPMANVILLE, WV)
We are currently recruiting in our Logan Service Center for a Utility Worker.
- Assists with locating gas lines and installation, replacement, or repairs to gas mains or service lines.
- May assist customer servicemen with changing meters, investigation of customer complaints, and response to customer inquiries.
- Reads gas meters and records volume used by residential and commercial consumers.
- Calls upon delinquent customers to collect or disconnect gas service at the meter or curb box.
- Inspects natural gas distribution equipment and appurtenances for defects; reports odors, leaks, damage, and unauthorized connections.
- Indicates irregularities and notifies proper department for service action.
- Other duties as assigned.
PLEASE APPLY TO THIS POSTING NO LATER THAN APRIL 4, 2021.
Mountaineer Gas Company is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/Disabled/Vet).
- Company Name
- Mountaineer Gas
- Chapmanville, WV 25508
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must live within 30 minutes of the service center and maintain residency within that parameter throughout employment in field operations positions.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record.
- Working outdoors in all types of weather and driving in all weather conditions.
- Tact and diplomacy when dealing with difficult customer interactions.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate mechanical/pneumatic equipment and hand tools.
- Ability to utilize and accurately enter information into a computer/handheld electronic device for data collection.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Subject to overtime (scheduled and non-scheduled) and emergency callouts as needed.
- Previous natural gas field operations experience.
- Class A CDL driver’s license.
Position is subject to applicable DOT regulations including Anti-Drug and Alcohol Misuse Prevention Plan and Operator Qualifications (OQ).
- How to Apply