Full Job Description
Brief Position Description:
Perform various manual tasks including, but not limited to, the following: shoveling; sweeping; lifting, and pushing and pulling various objects. Work will be performed per the supervisor’s instruction, free from direct supervision except for more complicated jobs.
Nature and Scope
1. Ensure that all risk assessments, work place inspections, vehicle inspections and equipment inspections are completed each shift or when conditions change.
2. Wear all PPE as required.
3. Work in a safe manner, promote safe work of others in the department, and report all unsafe conditions or accidents when they occur.
4. Provides plant maintenance and site clean-up
5. Use of vacuum truck, water truck, sweeper, forklift, loader, etc. as required.
6. Use of hand tools and power tools to perform work.
7. Work in the general plant environment.
1. Assist other departments as needed.
2. Perform necessary tasks to ensure good housekeeping for a safe and efficient operation.
3. Safely operate mobile equipment as required to meet production targets and perform clean up necessary for an efficient operation.
4. Identify report and assist in resolution of safety and environmental concerns and work practices that may affect the Health & Safety of employees or other parties.
5. Write and/or contribute to daily reports and other reports about special projects or incidents.
6. Perform any and all other duties as may be assigned from time to time. Work any shifts, including weekends and paid holidays as schedules dictate.
The above job description has been designed to provide general guidelines for the identification of tasks, duties, and qualifications for the titled position and/or its successors. The description is not all inclusive of the duties that are performed by the incumbent and the incumbent may be assigned to duties other than those listed in this document as the work environment and essential functions of the job change.
Argos USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace diversity in all aspects of our business.
- Company Name
- Argos USA
- Martinsburg, WV 25401
- A High School diploma or GED
- Knowledge; mobile equipment operation; cement manufacturing equipment
- Good communication skills
- The ability to satisfactorily perform Job Requirements and Essential Functions is mandatory
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to
- use hands to finger, handle, or feel
The employee frequently is required to
- reach with hands and arms
- climb or balance
- taste or smell
The employee will frequently be required to
- walk on rocky, irregular surfaces that may be muddy and in reduced lighting conditions
The employee is occasionally required to sit.
The employee must frequently
- lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- occasionally lift and/or move up to 100+ pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Exert 50-100 lbs. of force occasionally and 25-50 lbs. of force frequently;
- crouching, and/or
- crawling over irregular surfaces
- feeling Talking and hearing to express ideas and receiving instruction
- Seeing to operate equipment and observe operation and activity
- Exposed to dusty condition
- high noise levels
- high temperature
- adverse weather conditions;
Wear safety equipment
- hard hat
- safety glasses
- hard toed shoes
- safety belts and line
- life jacket,
- hearing protection
- welding and cutting protection
- respiratory protection as required
- Exposed to high areas regularly with tie off required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to
- moving mechanical parts
The employee is frequently exposed to
- high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles
- confined space
- outside weather conditions
- low lighting artificial lighting
The employee is regularly exposed to
- wet and/or humid conditions
- proximity to electrical equipment
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and occasionally loud.
The description is not all inclusive of the duties that are performed by the incumbent and
the incumbent may be assigned to duties other than those listed in this document as the
work environment and essential functions of the job change.
Note: Based on the needs of the shift, production employees may be re-assigned to a different shift during their career in the plant.
- How to Apply