Belle Chemical Company
The Training Specialist full-time position designs and conducts company training programs for or related to the maintenance, production, and salaried organizations, monitors and reports the effectiveness of training on employees during the orientation period and for career and skills development. The incumbent will be involved in developing new training plan designs as well as existing plan enhancements.
- Responsible for managing the site’s Training program for both existing and newly hired hourly and salary roles.
- Create and implement training tools and materials as needed to develop required craft and operator skills.
- Responsible for managing operator training for all jobs within unit organization.
- Participate in the selection and evaluation of potential maintenance and production hourly employees.
- Manage the development and periodic review of the core competencies of the various maintenance crafts and skills.
- Engage supervisors to champion the training process in their areas and assist in training compliance for the site.
- Periodically review training modules to enhance accuracy, improve effectiveness and explain new technology and processes.
- Develop and administer tests and evaluations to employees to measure the success of the transfer of knowledge from the training modules.
- Develop individual training plans based on needs assessments of the workforce and, in cooperation with the employee’s supervisor, monitor progress throughout the training plan.
- Maintain training records and reports as required, coordinate and deliver all required annual refresher training.
- Monitor training costs and manages training time and expenditures.
- Participate as required in training audits.
- Teach and/or coordinate classroom training as needed.
- Manage and monitor company’s learning management system for all employees on site.
Due to Covid-19 our screening process may take an extended time. We hope to fill all this position within three to six months.
Cornerstone Chemical Company is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Company Name
- Belle Chemical Company
- Belle, WV
- Minimum Required: High School Diploma or GED
- Preferred: Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
KEY SKILL’s (Must have):
- Possess strong leadership skills to successful function as a mentor and coach.
- Strong commitment to safety
- Self-motivated, highly skilled, and a team player
- Results oriented with continuous improvement mindset
- Possess excellent communication skills with a strong desire to learn/teach
- Ability to manage time to coordinate/track large quantities of work.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Must have):
- Ability to demonstrate intermediate to advanced level knowledge and skill with the Microsoft Office Suite and other software programs.
- 5+ years of experience with industrial maintenance or instrumentation and electrical work, or related work in a non-industrial setting.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS (Preferred):
- NCCER Certifications in Industrial Maintenance, Millwright, Pipefitting, Instrumentation, or Industrial Electrical
- Formalized and documented safety training (OSHA-30, OSHA-40, COSS, etc)
- How to Apply