Carry out improvements on Class A, B and C dies with little or no supervision as per customer and production requirements. Autonomously perform planned and unplanned maintenance to the stamping dies, plus analysis, diagnosis and correction of faults (mechanical, electrical, formability) processes to improve performance and availability of production lines. Ensure compliance with the maintenance program to improve the uptime of the tool in production lines.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Autonomously diagnose and correct Class A defects, specifically draw ability, surface and dimensions.
2. Responsible for documenting all changes made to tools and production parameters.
3. Properly troubleshoot production defects and eliminate all possible causes for production downtime.
4. Execution of engineering changes and improvements in the tools for customer complaints.
5. Maintain a safe and healthy work practice by observing safely procedures and practices.
6. Follow the work order system, including capture and print work orders in the Work Order (SAP) system, perform the following instructions order filling and posting progress specifying the order in the die daily.
7. Use and safe handling of cranes, machines, and basic tools to transport dies to Line Workshop daily.
- Company Name
- 3100 Maccorkle Avenue Southwest Building 307, South Charleston, WV 25303
- (304) 941-1800
Education & Experience
USDOL Tool & Die Journeyman’s Card or proof of (5) years related experience.
Minimum (2) years of experience trouble shooting in a Class-A automotive Stamping Plant.
Experience with implementation of Engineering Changes a plus.
Experience in a Die Build Facility a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- How to Apply