Cornerstone Building Brands
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
This position is accountable for Supervision of the Tool Shop, Tuning and Die cleaning operations at SimEx St. Mary’s facility. The overall purpose is to manage tooling builds, tooling refurbishments, tool tuning and tooling maintenance. This requires supporting the Tool Shop Lead, Tuning Lead and Tooling Designer. This position reports to the Engineering Manager.
- Supervision of daily tasks in the Tool Shop, Tuning and Die Cleaning.
- Responsible for ensuring all safety procedures are followed
- Quoting and executing new tooling builds and refurbishments
- Execute tooling relocations from and to other Cornerstone facilities
- Leads all tooling qualifications
- Tracking and organizing the apprenticeship programs
- Maintaining stock levels of required materials for the departments
- Maintaining associate work shift scheduling in payroll system
- Coordinate with and assist Manufacturing with tooling issues
- Coordinate and assist Quality with correcting tooling related issues
- Tracking and reporting metrics for the departments
- Coordinate with other Cornerstone facilities to provide tool shop and tuning support
- Other duties as assigned
Cornerstone Building Brands is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, protected veteran status, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or national origin.
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand’s name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.
- Company Name
- Cornerstone Building Brands
- St. Mary's, WV 26170
- High School diploma or equivalent; degree from trade school preferred
- Computer skills with programs such as Excel, Word, Project, Solidworks, AutoCAD and Mastercam.
- Excellent Decision Making Skills
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, and self-motivation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate initiative as necessary
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of lean problem solving tools
- Ability to perform math calculation
- Solution oriented
- Ability to make appropriate decisions quickly and effectively
- Ability to work under pressure in order to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to conduct oral presentations
- How to Apply