Christopher Peacock Home
Responsible for supporting the Department Supervisor with the day-to-day operations of the Mill, overseeing a group of team members, and ensuring efficiency in achieving daily targets. This position will assist in coordinating workloads, providing support to ensure that the team delivers, monitoring any issues, and ensuring production targets and quality standards are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work to ensure that people and resources are applied in an efficient and effective manner to meet scheduled requirements while achieving quality & safety standards.
· Ensure that the team members follow defined manufacturing procedures.
· Ensure that equipment is set up and functioning properly and that proper preventative maintenance is being performed as scheduled. Submit maintenance work orders as necessary.
· Field all re-work slips for priority, assignment, processing, and delivery.
· Ensure that material quality issues are communicated in a timely manner and through the proper management channels for identification, impact, and resolution.
· Distribute and process all production paperwork to and from team members.
· Manage the inventory of plywood materials and any supplies required within the responsible section.
· Maintain visibility to the team for adherence to policy, procedures, and instructions.
· Maintain constant, open communication with the Department Supervisor on all aspects of team relations and manufacturing topics.
· Ensure jobs are done in order and are on time.
· Attend production meetings or supply the Shop Foreman with necessary data in the Supervisor’s absence.
· Must have full knowledge of individual station procedures and expected product outcome.
· Support, comply and ensure complicity with health & safety regulations, the company handbook, quality and standards, and all other company policies and procedures.
· Must lead by example and maintain a high level of professionalism.
· Provide operator coverage when necessary.
· Other duties as assigned and/or requested.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Company Name
- Christopher Peacock Home
- Wardensville, WV 26851 Company's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/christopherpeacockhome/
· High School diploma required with 2-4 years of related work experience.
· Must have the ability to remain focused under pressure.
· Experience leading small groups towards successful goals.
· Must have the ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality when handling sensitive employee matters.
· Must be pro-active with good problem-solving skills.
· Must be highly organized, flexible, and a self–starter.
· Must be able to multi-task and prioritize.
Skills and Attributes:
· Ability to lead by example, gain respect from team and communicate with clarity whilst demonstrating excellence in approach to work and people activities.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills, problem solving skills.
· Ability to manage a wide variety of activities at the same time.
· Able to work cross functionally and collaboratively with many co-workers.
· Good understanding of customer deliverables and the impact of failure/cost of poor quality
· Must be able to multi-task and prioritize.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to
The employee may regularly
lift, carry, and/or move items and awkward objects, up to 50 pounds
use of proper material handling equipment is available
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to the typical environment found in a wood manufacturing facility, such as noise, dust, heat, cold, and finishing fumes and odors. The employee will occasionally be required to walk to and from the onsite storage facility where they will encounter normal weather patterns for the season, i.e. heat, cold, rain, or snow.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Thursday, 5am to 3:30pm. Must be able to work occasional overtime on evenings or on Fridays as required.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- How to Apply