Precision Castparts Corp.
The Supervisor Lab Machining Center position should be able to motivate a Team to excel and consistently achieve all production and safety goals. This person will be motivated to solve problems and monitor scheduling throughout each month while maintaining professionalism in their character and attitude.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS This supervisory position will: • Supervise two salary employees and all bargaining unit employees in the saw and machining areas • Oversee the process from test pickup through initial breakdown, rough machining and final machining and through delivery of the finished test coupons to the functional laboratories • Facilitate flow and establish priorities maximizing productivity • Establish and maintain a robust cross-training and qualification program for LMC personnel • Control the use of and cost of consumable items such as tooling, saw blades and lubricants • Ensure equipment maintenance and function • Manage their personnel looking to maximize manpower versus workload. • Actively participate in Department/Corporate related team activities (ERT, energy saving, 5S, quality and safety audits). ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES • Accomplishes all tasks as appropriate.
- Company Name
- Precision Castparts Corp.
- Huntington, WV
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High school graduate
• Post-secondary education desirable
• A strong background in machining trades (equipment, techniques,and technology, drawings and prints) is necessary.
• Prior experience with supervision of bargaining unit employees is a definite plus
• Strong leadership qualities and good time-management skills.
• Attention to details and meet the assigned goals within time.
• Critical thinker, enthusiastic with a positive approach towards employees and work.
• The Company retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
- How to Apply