Christopher Peacock Manufacturing Co.
The supervisor is able to see the big picture of a highly custom cabinet atmosphere and make decisions daily that contribute to the success of the shop. The supervisor is responsible for the supervision of department operations, conducts the training of employees, and communicates between management and hourly employees. The supervisor coordinates the daily operations on their job with the Shop Foreman with respect to quality, safety, cost, and delivery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Supervises the workloads and flow of the staining, wrapping, priming, and lacquering of our cabinets, ensuring that the team is using the proper consistent techniques, producing quality work, on-schedule.
· Supervises the workloads and flow of the specials area ensuring that the team is producing accurate & quality work, on schedule.
· Inspects and approves/rejects materials and products entering, in process, as well as exiting the areas.
· Orders all necessary materials from the purchasing manager as well as from other departments in the plant in order to produce the product as ordered.
· Ensures coverage during team member’s absences.
· Leads team meetings, ensures equipment and safety checklists are completed, & submits all usage calculations on time.
· Communicates and enforces all safety plans and procedures in compliance with established safety standards, ensuring that all employees have proper training, certification, and safety equipment to perform operations safely.
· Evaluates and solves production problems in unison with the Shop Foreman.
· Coordinates and supervises performance of employees, evaluates performance, and initiates corrective actions as required.
· Maintains a positive company image (appropriate language, dress, and behavior).
· Prepares for and attends daily production meeting.
· Maintains a positive attitude and promotes good morale among team members.
· Ensures all work done meets quality control standards.
· Maintains a clean work area.
· Conducts themselves in a professional manner.
· Responsible for ensuring treatment of team members is fair, equitable, respectful and consistent with the Peacock Manufacturing core business values and objectives.
· Responsible for opening and closing the plant for full operations.
· Other duties as directed, requested, or assigned
- Company Name
- Christopher Peacock Manufacturing Co.
- Wardensville, WV
Education, Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· High School diploma required.
· Preferred 2-5 years’ experience in Finishing of wood products.
· Must have 3-5 years of experience managing a team.
· Demonstrated knowledge of lumber and engineered wood products.
· Demonstrated interpersonal skills and leadership abilities.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision and have a high level of commitment and individual responsibility.
· Ability to delegate work, manage several activities or projects at once, organize and prioritize work, meet deadlines, and prepare materials and job schedules.
· Ability to be pro-active with good problem-solving skills.
· Must be detail oriented.
· Ability to get behind the Company goals and motivate team members.
· Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
· Must follow established company policies and procedures.
· Ability to listen and communicate effectively with coworkers in an effort to respond to common inquires.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
This position manages all employees in the Finishing area and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to the typical environment found in a wood manufacturing facility, such as noise, dust, heat, cold, and finishing fumes and odors. The employee will occasionally be required to walk to and from the onsite storage facility where they will encounter normal weather patterns for the season, i.e. heat, cold, rain, or snow.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit, stand, climb, crouch, bend, and reach. The employee may regularly lift, carry, and/or move items and awkward objects, up to 50 pounds; use of proper material handling equipment is available.
- How to Apply