The Clorox Company
At Clorox, we build big brands that make everyday life better, every day. We value our differences, and challenge each other to think and act boldly. We try new things, succeed, fail and keep learning. We work hard, and have busy personal lives. And we’re all able to make a positive impact – at Clorox, in our communities, and in the lives of millions of people who invite us into their homes. Make your mark and help us drive Good Growth – growth that is profitable, sustainable and responsible.
More About Clorox
The Clorox Company (NYSE: CLX) is a leading multinational manufacturer and marketer of consumer and professional products with approximately 8,800 employees worldwide and fiscal year 2020 sales of $6.7 billion. Clorox markets some of the most trusted and recognized consumer brand names, including its namesake bleach and cleaning products;
- Pine-Sol® cleaners
- Liquid-Plumr® clog removers
- Poett® home care products
- Fresh Step® cat litter
- Glad® bags, wraps and containers
- Kingsford® charcoal
- Hidden Valley® dressings and sauces
- Brita® water-filtration products; Burt’s Bees® natural personal care products
- RenewLife® digestive health products
- Rainbow Light®, Natural Vitality™ and NeoCell® dietary supplements.
The company also markets industry-leading products and technologies for professional customers, including those sold under the CloroxPro™ and Clorox Healthcare® brand names. Nearly 80% of the company’s sales are generated from brands that hold the No. 1 or No. 2 market share positions in their categories.
Please apply directly to our job postings and do not submit your resume to any person via text message. Clorox does not conduct text-based interviews and encourages you to be cautious of anyone posing as a Clorox recruiters via unsolicited texts during these uncertain times.
Working in a participative team based environment, using World Class Operations processes and principles, the Staff Engineer Provides day-to-day engineering technical expertise to Operating Departments as needed. Leads the design and implementation of site based capital and manufacturing improvement projects. Participates on teams as an expert in the discipline and is able to work with guiding management oversight. Evaluates the feasibility of manufacturing, packaging, and process systems improvements and modifications. May have salaried and/or hourly associate direct reports. Through leadership and influence will lead project teams to deliver capital projects, manufacturing process improvements, and solve manufacturing problems. Manages and directs the work of outside engineering consultants and construction contractors during design and implementation of projects.
People and Leadership
- Support Engineering, Maintenance, and Operations organizations within the entire facility
- Participate in and share information on technical seminars for Maintenance and Operations in order to stay up to date on current trends, changes, and technological advancements
- Develop personal skills and train teams (Engineering, Maintenance, and Operational) on new techniques, etc.
- Advocate for engineering innovation at the manufacturing site
Safety and Core Manufacturing Objectives
- Actively participate in the continuous improvement of the site’s safety performance by supporting site safety programs and initiatives
- Enable continuous improvement of the site’s manufacturing performance
- Support environmental sustainability goal achievement
- Proactively identify and solve packaging, process, and plant utility system problems by using plant, company, and external resources
- Support and lead cost savings initiatives across the site and help to reduce plant spending
Technical Leader and Business Ownership/Plant Strategies
- Provides solid input and insight to the team on business and engineering needs and proposals
- Support and drive regulatory compliance
- Manage projects in accordance with Clorox Project Management Standards to achieve required results, timing, and budgetary targets
- Company Name
- The Clorox Company
- Parsons, WV 26287
Key Skills, Abilities and Experience Required
- Engineering Degree (BSME / BSEE / BSChE)
- 2+ years of engineering experience
- Experience with capital projects and capital budget process
- Good business judgment
- Demonstrated ability to achieve quality results and meet deadlines with minimal direction
- Solid analytical skills
- High level of initiative and ability to drive results with minimal supervision
- Change management experience and discipline
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, SAP or equivalent, and utilization of Engineering Standards
- WCO / WCM / TPM / Lean Manufacturing processes and techniques
- Proven skills to effectively document and communicate technical information
- Background in consumer packaged goods environment
- Excellent presentation skills to technical and non-technical audiences
- Understands Continuous Improvement Methodology
More about Product Supply (PSO)
The Product Supply Organization (PSO) is an inclusive, diverse global community of leaders. Our team is responsible for sourcing, making and shipping some of the world’s most trusted household products. In our organization, safety is paramount and innovation a must. Join us if you want to keep growing professionally and make an impact in the lives of millions of homes.
- How to Apply