This position is for an experienced Mechanical Engineer. The primary job responsibilities are sustaining engineering activities from a design engineering perspective to perform the support of production and products in service. The role may include working with cross-functional teams as well as suppliers and external customers. While the focus of this role is sustaining engineering, it may also include some participation in new product introduction.
- Sustaining engineering support for all Ice Protection and Potable Water/Specialty Heated product lines (systems and components).
- Work on multiple projects to perform sustaining engineering support activities including root cause and corrective action analysis, technical reports, standard work, cost estimates, implementation of standard specifications, and maintenance of product requirements.
- Execute testing for components as needed for maintenance of production and evaluation of field service activities.
- Test prototypes of alternate designs and/or processing methods to assess operating condition effects and necessity of modification as related to the sustaining function.
- Prepare and/or review Engineering Change Orders and all related documentation in support of the sustaining function, including obsolescence.
- Interact with cross-functional teams as well as suppliers and external customers in support of products for production and in-service.
- Company Name
- Collins Aerospace
- Union, WV
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
- Experience in mechanical and/or electromechanical component design.
- Experience in the Aerospace field.
Preferred candidate to have background in materials such as elastomerics, composites and metallics. Preferred candidate would have experience with materials selection, materials testing procedures, and statistical analysis of data.
- How to Apply