Solar Holler is seeking a Solar Guide. The Solar Guide will play a key role in driving Solar Holler’s mission of building a 21st Century energy industry in Appalachia. The Solar Guide will help families and businesses understand that solar and cutting-edge efficiency technology are within reach, even in West Virginia, while developing project proposals. The ideal candidate will thrive while working with everyone from CEOs to the machine operator, enjoy working in a fast paced team atmosphere, and have a passion for doing as much good for as many as possible. The position is based in Shepherdstown, West Virginia.
Essential Job Functions:
- Gathering client information and understanding what a client’s needs are in order to craft a proposal that is just right for them.
- Confidence in knowledge and ability while refraining from arrogance
- Ability to articulate complex concepts into everyday understanding for homeowners
- Flexibility to handle straightforward, small scale residential project to mid-sized commercial and non-profit projects
- Comfort with technical aspects of solar systems and energy efficiency
- Thriving in a fast-paced and exciting environment
- Effective communication over the phone and over email
- Managing data in our CRM system
- Attention to detail in effectively managing a portfolio of several customers at one time
- Camaraderie, teamwork and joy. We need to love what we do, work well with our teammates, and view each project as a work of art.
- Company Name
- Solar Holler
- 206 W High St, Shepherdstown, WV 25443Phone
- (681) 495-0058
We are seeking a candidate that is mission-driven and dedicated to our work. Other desired skill sets include:
- A positive, enthusiastic personality – this is absolutely key
- Strong belief in Solar Holler’s mission of repowering Appalachian communities with renewable energy
- Four year college degree
- Digitally savvy including social media, digital advertising, and CRM tools
- Outgoing and willing to make first contact
- Comfortable shifting in the course of one conversation between big picture ideas and nitty-gritty details, including discussing everything from roofing materials to state energy policy to financial programs.
- Effective time management skillsand detailed orientation are essential
- Solar industry experience is a plus but not required
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic business environment and shift gears as needed
- Demonstrated commitment to doing as much good for as many people as possible
- Competitive wages, health care reimbursements, shares in the company, travel expenses, 10 paid holidays, ample vacation
- How to Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] and tell us why you’d like to join our merry band of solar pioneers!