Quad is currently hiring a Slitter Saw Operator for our Martinsburg Caperton plant, located at 855 Caperton Blvd in Martinsburg WV. Responsibilities include accurately converting roll paper, move and process paper rolls. Operating of a roll truck, unload and setup machine, maintain and servicing of production machines and other manufacturing duties as needed requires use of various pieces of Powered & Industrial equipment, desktop and mobile PC’s and scanning equipment.
- Perform all necessary functions of paper converting; including but not limited to, setting up machine, sawing roll to finish size, verify all supplies needed to perform job duties, data entry information, receiving/shipping, labeling, staging, verifying counts and scanning into RP/PI barcode system, driving roll truck.
- Deliver product from machine to warehouse designated location.
- Interpret job instructions to convert rolls, locate product/supplies and move, stack, and unstack paper in the plant through use of Powered Industrial Equipment (Clamp Truck, etc.).
- Ability to work independently.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with minimal assistance.
- Relay all necessary information to both internal and external customers.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Actively participate and follow all Safety and Lean regulations, policies and initiatives. Including performing daily maintenance inspections and reporting any issues of concern to the appropriate leader.
- All other job duties as assigned; may include: maintaining equipment, and straight truck, setup and break down of equipment, documentation of converted material, handling other product types, etc.
- Converting, Fork lift and/or Roll Truck experience is preferred.
- Must be able to understand and apply measurements
- Company Name
- Martinsburg, WV
- Ability to operate or resolve minor maintenance issues on relevant equipment proficiently to read and apply measurements
- Ability to work independently to identify and resolve problems with minimal assistance
- Ability to complete work according to priorities and within a timely manner
- Ability to drive a forklift, clamp truck and operate other Powered Equipment
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to work effectively with co-workers and all other internal/external contacts
- Ability to understand and use basic math skills such as adding and subtracting
- Ability understanding with desktop and mobile PCs
- How to Apply