Quality Champion Wanted
Reporting to our Site Manager, you will get to direct and manage primary quality initiatives as a partner in the making of a Best in Class high-tech plastics manufacturing site.
· Lead by Example – actively support kp‘s values, mission and vision by exemplifying and promoting a culture of Accountability, Integrity, Safety, Continuous Improvement, Innovation, Sustainability, and Quality;
· Contribute to the creation and implementation of operational best practices that support kp‘s values, mission and vision;
· Create a quality vision and drive performance excellence through prevention, engineering and program controls;
· Manage and oversee the direction of Quality at the site through continuous improvement activities;
· Align the site quality system to reflect ISO 9001 requirements and successfully implement ISO 9001 at the site;
· Provide the necessary technical expertise to improve Quality performance at the site;
· Help develop a Quality culture by hands on leadership and working with department managers to ensure performance is being met;
· Refine and implement reporting, visualization, and communication of quality performance within the organization;
· Support cross functional teams to resolve customer complaints through a customer issue resolution, utilizing the Quality Improvement Process (QIP) and an effective corrective action system;
· Exchange information and best practices within the global Quality team;
· Drive continuous improvement using key performance indicators (KPIs);
· Provide guidance for all functions on quality processes, starting from the voice of the customer (VOC) and product design up to product delivery to the customer – customer satisfaction;
· Build and develop the quality competency to enable the organization to deal effectively with quality requirements and to facilitate continuous improvements;
· Provide training on quality tools (RCA, auditing, rational thinking skills, etc.) and systems to personnel at the site;
· Identify and propose recognition for quality achievements;
· Give guidance and advice on logical methods of SPC data collection that will improve product quality;
· Provide input and help identify capital equipment needs for improving output, yield, and quality;
· Ensure effective communication at site level and into regional quality organization;
· Support new equipment, technology, training, and resources for continuous quality improvement;
· Establish standardized protocols, guidelines, and methods (ex: customer issue resolution process for return of aged materials, customer accommodations, test methods, etc.) for regional processes; align with global processes;
· Represent regional interests across the organization at the global level;
· Ensure quality organization works in a safe and ethical way – advancing kp core values and establishing a quality culture of continuous improvement and customer satisfaction.
- Company Name
- Klockner Pentaplast
- Beaver, WV
- Bachelor’s (BS) degree in Polymer Science, Chemical, Mechanical and/or Manufacturing engineering required;
- Minimum of five years of experience in quality management, particularly around process and program improvement in manufacturing and/or Industrial Engineering in a continuous process industry.
- Effective interaction with stakeholders throughout all levels of the organization and an open-minded approach will be key to success;
- Certified ISO 9001:2015 Audit is a plus.
- How to Apply