ISCO Industries, Inc.
Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment by performing the following duties.
Empowered & Engaged:
- Determines method of shipment to ensure competitive rates and on–time secure delivery of product
- Schedules & coordinates daily shipments with freight-liners
- Prioritizes and sorts work orders to ensure efficient loading and unloading of product
- Compares identifying information of incoming & outgoing shipments to verify information against invoices, orders, or other records to ensure accuracy of shipment
- Prepares and maintains records of all shipments and transactions including billing of shipments. Enters and maintains data in Prelude
- Conducts daily cycle counts
- Receives incoming shipments and places in inventory. Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Operates forklift to move, convey, or hoist product from shipping and receiving platform to storage or delivery freight.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies
- Assists with basic office operations; prints and affixes shipping labels
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
To find out more about this position and ISCO Industries, visit our YouTube page.
- Company Name
- ISCO Industries, Inc.
- Martinsburg, WV 25404
High School diploma or GED; data entry experience; and Outlook email proficiency. Prior warehouse, shipping, and/or distribution experience preferred.
- Clearly and effectively communicate using email and telephone shipping related information to customers, vendors, and co-workers; effective communication skills
- Organize and prioritize work orders to meet shipping
- Audit work to ensure accuracy and completeness of shipping orders; attention to detail
- Identify potential delays and/or address immediate shipping delays and provide an effective and timely resolution and/or contingency plan; problem solving
- Work independently with limited supervision; self starter
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Occasionally exerting up to 70 pounds of force; frequently exerting up to 50 pounds of force; and constantly exerting 10 pounds of force to move objects. Frequent stooping, crouching, reaching, standing, and walking are required. Frequent talking, hearing, and seeing with close visual acuity are required.
- Vendor Management
- Picking and Filling Orders
- Organizational Skills
- MS Office Software
- Lift 50 lbs repeatedly
- Forklift Experience
- Computer skills
- Billing and Shipping
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Work-Life Balance: Inspired to perform well by having ample time to pursue work and interests outside of work
- Peer Recognition: Inspired to perform well by the praise of coworkers
- How to Apply