Clearon Corp. is a specialty chemical manufacturer based in Charleston, West Virginia. We are committed to the development and manufacturing of innovative chemistries and novel delivery solutions to the delight of our customers. Clearon consistently provides excellent customer service and product stewardship support in a highly regulated environment. We are committed to maintaining safe and reliable operations for our employees, and the communities in which we operate.
Working rotating 12 hours shifts, the Shift Supervisor has primary responsibility for the safety and manufacturing performance of the site. During off-hours, this position functions as the emergency response coordinator. Reports to the Production Leader
Include the following but are not intended to represent all job responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Supervises (first line) all aspects of manufacturing operations to achieve production plans.
- Leads troubleshooting and problem resolution activities.
- Responds to safety and environmental incidents and serves as site Emergency Coordinator
- Investigates safety, environmental, and quality incidents. Provides resolution to incidents while maintaining safe operations. Reports findings to the appropriate personnel.
- Ensures all applicable reviews are done and documentation is completed by their respective shift for Management Systems, Unit Operating Procedures, and SHE Procedures
- Directly supervises maintenance personnel on shift.
- Administrative responsibility for operations personnel including performance management.
- Directs the activities of outside contractors.
Ability to work on rotating 12 hours shifts. Employee must be able to review and adhere to Safety and Health Considerations for the given areas regarding process hazards and employee safety.
Clearon Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
- Company Name
- South Charleston, WV 25303
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred but not required
- Experience: 5 to 7 years’ experience in industrial operations. Preferred supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, write, and interpret common operational, mechanical, regulatory, and technical documents. Ability to effectively communicate and listen with diverse work group. Ability to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Math Skills Effective communication skills both oral and written in dealing directly with management, peers, and entire workforce.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to communicate those same conclusions in both written and oral format. Ability to understand and solve complex problems. Ability to make decisions based on fact and reason rather than emotion.
- Special Demands: Ability to lead and participate in an Emergency Response Team compliant with all federal, state, and company rules and regulations.
- Physical Ability: Employee must pass respirator fit testing conducted by Clearon’s Medical Department and capable of donning personal protective equipment required to protect employee from work hazards. Employee must be able to be an active participant in chemical plant emergency response.
- Other: Confident, rounded thinking. Is self-aware. Is resilient, optimistic and open to change. Has an Adult:Adult, collaborative approach to others. A self-starter, motivated and able to positively motivate others. Focused and target driven with a positive, can-do attitude
- How to Apply