Reports to: Site Manager
- Production Coordination and Tracking
- Maintain and oversee Production Tracking Sheets for critical production/processes
- Maintain Customer interface and communications
- Develop and manage Batch Sheets for various processes as needed
- Evaluations (new & existing processes) * * * * *
- Developing draft PFDs, and mass & energy balances
- Evaluating Optima’s process capability and unit operation deficiencies for new processes
- Generate specifications for raw materials and in-process samples
- Scale-up and Design
- Work with customer and internal personnel on an ongoing basis to evaluate the practical technical aspects of their R&D/scale-up work and provide guidance for most practical paths.
- Model unit operations and generate PFDs and P&IDs for “cradle-to-grave” processes
- Provide information to support air emissions submissions to regulatory (for Emission Master computer system).
- Assist Controls Engineer with SOC details/Instrument/Control and Interlock strategies
- Capital Project Management
- Project oversight for new equipment install and technical resource for design efforts
- Vendor/contractor interface
- Plant Tests and Production
- Develop Procedures, campaign change-over documents
- Assist with Process Hazard Reviews
- Lead/Assist with waste minimization efforts
- Generate Pre-startup documents and shepherd sign-offs
- Inventory (raw materials & products) control projects
- Logistics (packaging supplies, production supplies, shipping/receiving materials)
- Assist with transitioning new processes to Operations
- Operator Training
- New & existing process chemistry and unit operations
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
We have separate policies regarding the actions and preventative steps we are taking to keep each employee as safe as possible.
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- One location
- Achievement-oriented—enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent—enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance—thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Innovative—innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented—results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable—traditional, stable, strong processes
- Team-oriented—cooperative and collaborative
- On call
- Vision insurance
- Company Name
- Optima Chemical
- Belle, WV 25015
Education and Experience: A bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering with 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Technical understanding of applied process development/process engineering and implementation for both batch and continuous processes.
- Good communication skills with customers, coworkers, and vendors/contractors.
- A broad knowledge of Process Safety Management, process safety, CPI practices and standards, and regulatory compliance.
- MS, PE/EIT nice but optional.
Process development and Engineering, production coordination and tracking, customer interface, planning, and communications, laboratory/specifications development and coordination, and technical resource for EHS and all plant personnel groups to safely startup and establish new products and to improve efficiencies for existing product (yield/process improvements).
- $88,000 -$118,000 per year with supplemental bonus pay
- How to Apply