This position supervises entry to professional level employees or team leaders in Manufacturing Engineering. Establishes day to day objectives and guidelines for manufacturing processes, product specifications, and other areas of manufacturing engineering. Provides direction to employees and directs recruitment of support/entry level staff.
- Directly supervise Manufacturing Engineers and Technicians, balancing short-term and long-term priorities.
- Instructs, directs and checks, under general direction, the work of other manufacturing engineers and technicians to ensure that quality and manufacturing standards are met.
- Takes ownership for the successful implementation of projects to ensure that business oobjectives are achieved.
- Provide manufacturing performance data by analyzing, and summarizing production data trends.
- Identifies opportunities or implements changes to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts to optimize productivity and ensure optimal use of resources.
- Drive process control and certification activities at manufacturing sites.
- Work closely with Design Engineering to incorporate best practices and Design for Manufacturability principles from the onset of a new product.
- Participate in the design review process and drive entry-in-service related manufacturing activities.
- Identify new processes and technologies that improve process efficiency, execute lean initiatives and drives world-class manufacturing processes.
- Meet financial objectives by forecasting manufacturing engineering requirements; assist with preparing annual budgets; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- May make recommendations concerning acquisition and use of new technological equipment and materials.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of new employees.
- This is a working manager position.
- Company Name
- Collins Aerospace
- Union, WV
- Degree earned in a technical discipline
- Experience in a manufacturing or industrial setting
- Lean manufacturing or other continuous improvement experience; Six Sigma Green or Black Belt certification preferred
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities using effective problem solving resolution skills using Lean Manufacturing / Six Sigma tools with a team focus
- Verifiable ability to drive culture of accountability and results through effective use of team building
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Experience with manufacturing of elastomerics, composites, thin film etching and electronics a plus
- SAP business system experiences a plus
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft applications a must
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 7 years of relevant experience is required.
- How to Apply