Belle Chemical Company
Perform procurement and various business related activities associated with amines based specialty chemical manufacturing. Responsible for purchase and timely provision of all material and services at the best price and least amount of risk to the company. Make rational supply decisions balancing price, delivery, quality, service, value, and relationship management. Also responsible for ensuring that all expenditures are conducted in accordance with company policies and procedures. Additional duties include assisting internal customer base (maintenance, operations, supply chain) with adherence to budgeted spend authorizations.
- Work with internal customers to develop scopes of work and bid solicitations.
- Evaluate quotes/proposals and make award decisions based on applicable criteria.
- Review contract documents and negotiate terms and conditions that represent win-win solutions for both the firm and supplier.
- Review and advise internal customers on risk-related matters and contractually mitigate risk to lowest level.
- Establish and manage value-added MRO contracts and service relationships with suppliers.
- Establish and manage strategic supplier relationships.
- Monitor compliance to various corporate policies and budgeted spending authorizations.
- Manage and expedite direct and indirect material deliveries to ensure availability for support of customer groups.
- Qualify and maintain compliance records of suppliers of direct material and quality critical services in accordance with ISO procedures.
- Work with inventory control personnel to manage and account for MRO material.
- Expedite material deliveries as necessary to ensure availability.
Belle Chemical Company is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Company Name
- Belle Chemical Company
- Belle, WV
KEY SKILL’s (Must have):
- Ability to think strategically.
- Ability to organize and analyze data.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Must be familiar with most MS Office applications.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Familiarity with contracting terms.
- Must have good interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity & experience working with ERP systems.
- 5 years of experience in purchasing in a manufacturing setting.
- 5 years of experience in inventory control/ management.
- Familiarity in developing vendor contracts for goods and services.
- Chemical manufacturing experience.
- Must be willing to travel to corporate office in New Orleans, LA, for periodic training and collaboration.
- Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree
- Preferred Certifications/Affiliations: CPM, CPSM, CPIM, NAPM, ISM, or APICS affiliation
- How to Apply