Bimbo Bakeries USA
Seasonal Production Associate Position Summary:
The Production Machine Operator is an entry level role in our plant/bakery and is a valuable member of the production team focused on safely and consistently producing the highest quality product possible for customers.
This is a seasonal position expected to last from May 1st, 2020 to September 30th, 2020 with the opportunity to be hired into a full-time permanent role after the busy season. Hours and duration of employment are not guaranteed.
Seasonal Production Associate Key Job Responsibilities:
Schedule & Position Information:
- Ensures and maintains a safe environment compliant with all BBU, OSHA, and/or governmental policies and procedures
- Follows and enforces Food Safety & Food Quality Plans to ensure compliance with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) Standards, the SQF certification system, and other 3rd party audits
- Performs various duties including, but not limited to; safe operation of machinery (mixer, oven, pan setter, trayer, etc), packaging products, mixing ingredients, and moving and/or stacking materials and equipment used in the production of fresh baked products.
- Acts with a Continuous Improvement mindset and focus on improving efficiencies and decreasing waste
- Additional responsibilities & duties as assigned by supervisor
- Starting Pay Rate: $12.85/hour
- Days: Sunday - Saturday; Days off vary
- Shift Start Time: Afternoon and/or Overnight shifts
- Overtime may be needed
- Company Name
- Bimbo Bakeries USA
- Huntington, WV
Production Machine Operator Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED is preferred
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment and adapt to frequent changes
- Prior experience or training in manufacturing or supply-chain environment is preferred
- Ability to understand and follow both written and verbal instructions with high level of detail
- Willing to work irregular and/or rotating shifts, including split days off (non-consecutive days off), and holidays when needed
- A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
- Physical requirements: ability to work 8+ hour shifts, lift 50 pounds, stack/unstack or carry pans, stand and/or stoop for prolonged periods of time, perform repetitive motions, and work in an environment with varying temperatures
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- How to Apply