Safety is the #1 priority at REO Processing.
The Safety & Quality Director is responsible for defining and promoting a safety and quality mindset within the company. The Director is responsible for managing all safety and QA functions, working with cross-departmental leadership to deliver high quality products, on schedule, in a safe manner. The Safety and Quality Director is responsible for establishing and maintaining a quality system to ensure the company’s facilities, equipment, personnel, methods, processes, and procedures conform to both internal guidelines and regulatory standards. This role is integral to the success of the company. The successful candidate must embody the company’s values and be willing to wear different hats as different situations require. (S)he must demonstrate professionalism in all aspects of the role.
Job responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement corporate and site safety & quality policies and procedures
- Chair of all individual site Safety Committees
- Initiate corrective actions and root cause investigations for safety and quality events.
- Responsible for building and maintaining a culture of continuous improvement of safety and quality assurance system and processes.
- Responsible for maintaining most current version of safety and quality procedures and ensuring they are available and utilized.
- Heads all training implementations and ensures they are constantly revisited, maintained, and provided to meet the most current needs of the company and employees.
- Work with processing and warehousing operations to implement and develop robust processes, ensuring safety and quality of products and processes is maintained throughout the REO lifecycle.
- Responsible for assuring effective processes are developed and implemented for the final inspection process and procedures of all shipped products.
- Develops, maintains, and reports key safety and quality assurance metrics.
- Safety (DEP, OSHA, customer) and Quality (ISO, cGMP, customer) audit point of contact for surveys, inspections, and audits.
- Assures quality products and processes by establishing and enforcing quality standards and testing materials and products.
- Establishes safety, quality and reliability standards by studying product and consumer requirements with other members of management and with production operators, technicians, and engineers.
- Implements in-process product inspection standards by studying manufacturing methods and devising testing methods and procedures.
- Establishes standards for the disposition of finished product by devising evaluation tests, methods, and procedures.
- Institutes rework standards by devising inspection and physical testing methods and procedures.
- Creates product quality documentation system by writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
- Maintains product quality by enforcing quality assurance policies and procedures and government requirements.
- Collaborates with other members of management to develop new safety protocols and product and engineering designs and manufacturing and training methods.
- Prepares product and process quality reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Completes quality assurance operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results.
- Develops a quality assurance staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Manages quality assurance staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees.
- Ensures quality and safety by planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing the safety and quality assurance budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
REO Logistics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, REO Logistics complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Company Name
- REO Processing
- Nitro, WV 25143
- Required - - College degree in safety, chemistry, biology, or related STEM field
- REO Processing has 5 locations in West Virginia, 1 in Virginia, 2 in Texas and 1 in Louisiana. The successful candidate must be willing to travel to each location on a regularly scheduled basis. The home base office for this role is in Nitro, WV. While some aspects of this job can be performed from home, this is primarily an on-site position.
- Experience and knowledge of OSHA safety regulations
- Proficient in Microsoft word, excel, power point, Office 365 suite
- OSHA 30-hour certification
- Experience and knowledge in ISO9001 standard and cGMPs for food and pharmaceutical processing
- Knowledge of structure and content of English language and proficient and effective with verbal and written communication
- Action oriented, driven, and confident.
- Detail oriented
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Comfortable managing and progressing multiple tasks and projects forward independently in line with corporate safety and quality goals
- Knowledge of quality systems, processes, and quality assurance in a chemical operations and warehouse environment
- Experience and knowledge of Six Sigma process
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and / or move up to 55 pounds.
- $95,000 - $145,000 a year
- How to Apply