The Chemours Company
As we create a colorful, capable and cleaner world through chemistry, we invite you to join our team to harness the power of chemistry to shape markets, redefine industries and improve lives for billions of people around the world.
Chemours is seeking a Reliability Engineer to join our team! This position will report directly to the Site Maintenance and Reliability Manager at our Parkersburg, WV location.
The Reliability Engineer provides solutions that optimize asset capacity and availability as well as Cost of Manufacture (COM) utilizing process and equipment data analysis methodologies. The Reliability Engineer utilizes Reliability analytics to understand cost performance and failure mode impact on the asset’s ability to perform against the business, maintenance & production strategies and develops recommendations for mitigation of the failure modes through modification of the maintenance strategy or proposal of asset modification (capital).
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop and implement strategies for improving mechanical reliability.
- Lead resolution of mechanical equipment failures utilizing high-quality Root Cause determination methodology, typically Root Cause Failure Analysis.
- Actively work with the Technology, Maintenance and Production organizations as a role model utilizing, training, and coaching advanced reliability techniques and plans to develop, maintain and facilitate a reliability culture
- Develop appropriate equipment maintenance plans to include equipment checks, predictive & preventative maintenance (PPM), Critical spare parts, and SAP data utilizing appropriate resources such as criticality assessments and Failure Mode & affect Analysis, FMEA.
- Participate in maintenance and reliability networks and share best practices, successes, and failures.
- Provide direction and leadership for area maintenance activities.
- Facilitate the growth of a reliability culture within the site organization and associated business partners by recommending appropriate resources to deliver the strategy, championing standard work practices, and ensuring the organization understands and values the techniques required to ensure optimum asset reliability.
- Identify and propose to leadership where external resources could improve site reliability and associated processes
WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY.
We are driven by our purpose to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch—in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications. We bring solutions that are better, safer, more reliable, and more sustainable, through the power of chemistry.
We see our people as our biggest assets. Instead of focusing just on what our employees do each day, we look at how they do it. By taking a different approach to talent development, employee engagement, and culture, our goal is to empower employees to be their best selves—at Chemours and in life.
The “ours” in Chemours represents everyone who works here. We’re thousands strong and always looking for the best and brightest to join our team.
Five fundamental, foundational values form the substructure of our culture as a multinational
corporation. They are core beliefs that guide and frame both our behaviors and our aspirations.
Our values are in part what differentiate us from others, making us uniquely Chemours.
They are—Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Collective Entrepreneurship,
Safety Obsession, and Unshakable Integrity. At Chemours, our values are where everything begins.
We were honored to be named a “Great Place to Work-Certified Company” for 2019-2020 — our second consecutive year . We were also proud to receive a Gold Medallion Award from the U.S. Department of Labor’s HIRE VETS program in 2019.
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits Packages
- 401(k) Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Strong Inclusion and Diversity Initiatives
- Company-paid Volunteer Days
Chemours is an equal opportunity employer
Chemours is an E-Verify employer
Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation
Immigration sponsorship (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) is not currently available for this position
At Chemours, you will find sustainability in our vision, our business and your future. If you want to work on the leading edge of your field and have a desire to make a difference, join Chemours and discover what it means when we say “We Are Living Chemistry”.
- Company Name
- The Chemours Company
- Parkersburg, WV 26104
The following is required for this role:
- BS degree in Engineering or equivalent Military experience
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead through influence management
- Thorough analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven strong contributor with the capability to work independently
The following is preferred for this role:
- Six Sigma certified as Green Belt
- Experience working in the chemicals industry
- Demonstrated knowledge of Data analysis techniques and statistical interpretation skills as well as failure analysis techniques and maintenance and reliability best practices.
- Familiarity with advanced maintenance and reliability methodologies and measures such as Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Total Equipment Effectiveness (Uptime), Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE), and Equipment Life Cycle Cost Analysis – Total Cost of Ownership.
- Good understanding of Condition-based maintenance technologies including Vibration Analysis, Oil Analysis, Infrared thermography, Ultrasonics, and performance testing
- Certification or good understanding of condition-based maintenance technologies including Vibration analysis, Oil Analysis, Infrared thermography, Ultrasonics and performance testing
- Certification as a CMRP or CRE
- Strong mechanical aptitude and experience with equipment repair techniques both fixed and rotating
- Familiarity with SAP
- How to Apply