Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Catlettsburg Refining, LLC has immediate openings for hourly Utility Operators at its Catlettsburg, Kentucky refinery. These positions are responsible for the day to day operations of the refinery and work rotating swing shifts. The refinery operates 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.
- Utility operators at this facility perform a variety of duties. Although responsibilities vary on a daily basis, the primary responsibility of an operator is to oversee the day-to-day operations of either the tank farms within the refinery or the various operating units within the refinery. This includes working inside and outside, in differing climatic conditions, and around noises, heat, heights and equipment associated with working in and around an oil refinery.
- Operators are required to make periodic rounds per shift. On these rounds, responsibilities include: monitoring equipment and recording readings and making required adjustments. The operator is also responsible for troubleshooting process and equipment problems including but not limited to: general equipment checks and detecting unusual operating conditions (such as noises, abnormal temperature or pressure, and leaks).
- The operator detects and responds to process upsets and emergency situations with response activities including but not limited to: fire fighting, equipment isolation, and evacuation. The operator is expected to be able to wear all personal protective equipment (P.P.E.) including self-contained breathing apparatus along with the ability to participate in emergency response activities.
- Operators will be expected to learn refining process operations/tank farm product movements and qualify on process/tank farm jobs. Operators are expected to learn and work multiple jobs up to and including the console operator position (control refinery process through computer system).
- Company Name
- Marathon Petroleum Corporation
- Catlettsburg, KY
Successful candidates must possess, at a minimum, the following criteria:
- High school diploma or GED
- At least 18 years of age
- Basic math, reading, writing, and verbal skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to learn complex refinery related material
- Willingness to perform fire and emergency response activities
- Willingness to work a rotating shift schedule and overtime as required by business needs
- Adherence to a strict Drug and Alcohol policy
- Be fit to perform the essential functions of the job
Preferred candidates will possess some relevant education, training, and/or work experience with a minimum of:
- Completion of a two-year vocational technical training curriculum in petrochemical/manufacturing or related field
- OR two years equivalent work experience in process operation/maintenance crafts area
- OR completion of a four-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited unviersity
- OR five years stable work experience in a light industrial or commercial industry
- How to Apply