For more than 50 years, Silgan Plastics has defined the plastic bottling industry from technical innovation to creative packaging solutions. No matter what your packaging needs, Silgan can and will handle them. From creation to commercialization, our customized approach to each customer’s requirements is what sets us apart from the rest.
To assist in all Quality operations. To assist every department in meeting and exceeding customer expectations. All other duties as required.
This includes the responsibilities and duties of the job and should cover all performance areas.
· Collects & coordinates data needed
· Reviews and verifies information which may include source documentation, policies, specifications or complaints
· Maintains records and data utilizing various automated systems which include database, developing tracking systems/spreadsheets, creating visual instructions, setting up files, etc.
· Resolves problems and/or discrepancies which may involve research and data collection
· Provides administrative support to Quality team staff
· COA/COC – create CoA for customers
· ETQ create/ update documents as needed
· Summarize Activity Logs
· CR testing, other quality testing as required
· Calibration Responsibilities for the plant
· Work as back up in the QA-lab, performing all tasks
· Support on all qualifications both mold and machine
· Program OGP/ABVIS measurement systems
· Work on production floor in support of quality activities
· Implement and maintain Traveler program
· Root Cause investigations for customer issues
· Perform quality training for floor personnel
· Collect and ship quality samples (tailgate)
· Review and approve color materials
- Company Name
- Silgan Plastics
- Triadelphia, WV 26059
· Required: Associate degree/certification or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Preferred: Bachelor’s degree
· Required: Quality background
· Preferred: High-volume output environment, shop floor experience, bottle experience
· Required: math skills-knowledge of fractions and decimals, Microsoft Advanced Excel/Word, knowledge Highly motivated individual who can work with minimal supervision, Ability to work in a highly cross-function office environment, Efficient communication of product specific test and /or procedures via MS Word/Excel, Adobe PDF
· Preferred: SPC knowledge, electronic measuring devices
· Must be able to lift-up-to 40 pounds/50% time spent on production floor
- How to Apply