Company Summary: Troy Nonwovens uses recycled plastic materials to create a clean and lightweight synthetic fiber used in numerous commercial applications such as padding, linings, insulation, and industrial filters. Troy currently focuses on automotive applications and supplies material to 1sttier customers for both thermal and acoustic products. The company operates multiple lines of needle bonded PET.
Objective: Quality Lead will oversee floor quality checks, perform receiving inspection on incoming materials, and approve them for use prior to release to the production floor. The Lead will also ensure that product specifications are met by performing (and supervising the performance of) first piece and in-process inspections, ensuring that relevant work instructions and gages are available at the point of use, and conducting product and process audits on the floor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and enforce Quality Department procedures and work instructions
- Review and approve incoming materials, including product sampling and test, where necessary
- Perform 1stpiece and in-process part inspection and any required testing
- Maintain quality-related work instructions and gages
- Provide quality support on the plant floor, conducting training, as necessary
- Investigate reported nonconforming material conditions and issue nonconformance reports and related worksheets, as appropriate
- Conduct product and process audits
- Assist Quality Engineers in development of quality documentation for new or revised parts
- Provide Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) support
- Assist in evaluation of gage suitability through gage R&R
- Other duties, as assigned by Management
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
**Offers of employment will be contingent upon satisfactory results of medical exams, drug tests, and background checks
- Company Name
- Harrisville, WV 26362
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); 2 years related experience.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and interpret part blueprints and specifications
- Experience with variable and attribute gaging
- Experience with Micrometer / Caliper / Scale and other measuring equipment
- Detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize when necessary
- Computer skills, such as MS Office (Word and Excel) and email
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Mathematical skills, such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Ability to follow oral and written instruction
- General Safety
- Quality Management System
- Department-specific procedures and work instructions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to hear and talk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Personal Protective Equipment:
PPE is required when working in the plant and may include the use of safety glasses, hearing protection, steel-toed shoes, cut-resistant gloves, and sleeves.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Exposure to shop elements such as noise, dust, odors and fumes.
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- $45,000 to $60,000 per year
- How to Apply