Frank Calandra, Inc.
This is a first-level supervisory position where the employee implements quality inspection criteria and procedures by directing and supervising workers involved in inspection and quality control actions with regard to purchased material, in-process material, and finished strata control products for the mining and tunneling industries ensuring that ASTM-F432 standards are achieved and customer specifications are met. Employee is also responsible for implementation, complete oversight, and continual improvement of the ISO Quality Management System and ongoing ISO certification process at the plant level.
Excellent benefits include medical with a standard PPO plan with deductibles as low as $1,000 and wellness credit up to $750; voluntary 401k plan deduction up to 12% with varying company match per quarter; voluntary dental and vision plans; telemedicine services; basic life and short term disability coverage.
- Company Name
- Frank Calandra, Inc.
- Oak Hill, WV 25901
- High School Diploma/GED Preferred; Skilled Trade School Certification, A Plus
- Two (2) Years Quality Assurance Experience in Metal Manufacturing Required; or Equivalent Combination of Education and Experience
- Forging/Stamping Experience Preferred
- Knowledge of Ross ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) Systems, A Plus
- ISO 9001 and OSHA Experience, A Plus
- Possess capable knowledge of metal manufacturing processes, procedures, and machinery
- Possess proficient ability to implement company’s quality inspection criteria in compliance with standard operating procedures and safety guidelines while maintaining great attention to detail
- Possess ability to work independently adhering to established internal control procedures with minimal supervision
- Possess working knowledge of ISO 9001 standard to facilitate all aspects of the ISO certified Quality Management System including maintaining current systems and developing new systems as needed
- Possess a high-level customer focus and customer satisfaction mindset
- Possess flexible interpersonal and standard verbal/written communications skills to interact with all levels of plant personnel and corporate management
- Possess capable information gathering and monitoring skills to facilitate factual, unbiased decision making and problem solving functions in a variety of changing situations
- Possess standard mathematical ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to specification requirements and measuring skills using devices such as micrometers, calipers, and tape measures to provide technical support
- Possess basic computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Possess a “Team Member” mentality with ability to take initiative, lead, maintain confidentiality and work well with others
- Possess dependability to be consistently at work and on time with the ability to work a flexible schedule that may include all shifts.
- Possess manual dexterity, close visual acuity and upper limb coordination with light/medium (5-30 lbs) lifting capability during normal phase duties
- Possess ability to sit or stand as needed
- Possess planning/detail-oriented organizational skills to prioritize work activities and use time efficiently to ensure accurate work completion within required time frame
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Ensure a clean, safe work area(s) throughout the shift and assist in quality control inspection actions as necessary.
- Develop and/or adapt inspection equipment to meet quality assurance standards.
- Make suggestions with regard to procedures, standards, and equipment to facilitate and maintain product quality.
- Investigate and determine cause(s) of faulty work and consult/advise as to corrective measures.
- Perform daily walk-down inspections with management of plant areas to check for OSHA violations and Quality Management System issues.
- Direct, coordinate, and conduct training programs for ISO processes and ensure OSHA-compliant training is scheduled and conducted.
- Review preventive and/or corrective actions from internal audits or internal observations & follow up accordingly.
- Compile and maintain inspection reports, schedules, and records; write reports and correspondence for senior management personnel as required.
- Investigate and resolve personnel problems within area of responsibility to maintain unbiased discipline, morale, and harmonious relations among subordinates.
- Conduct and complete employee performance reviews; recommend personnel actions such as hiring, promotion, training.
- Monitors inventory levels using manual and computerized inventory systems as materials, equipment, and stock are issued, transferred within the plant, or sold to customers.
- Compiles inventory reports recording the quantity, type and value of materials, equipment and stock on hand.
- Maintains stock rotation and disposal.
- Prepares requisition orders to replenish materials, equipment and stock.
- Enters data for production scheduling, stock replenishment/relocation and inventory adjustments.
- Reconciles physical inventories with computer counts.
- Forwards required invoicing and vendor information to corporate Accounting department.
- How to Apply