Aurora Flight Sciences
Aurora Flight Sciences, a Boeing Company, is a leader in the development and manufacturing of advanced unmanned systems and aerospace vehicles. Our mission is to apply autonomy and robotics to the development, production, and operation of advanced aircraft. During the last three decades, Aurora has designed, rapid-prototyped, and flown an average of one new vehicle a year for both government and commercial customers. Now, as an independent subsidiary of Boeing, Aurora’s innovation is combined with Boeing’s size and strength, creating an unprecedented opportunity to shape the future of aerospace systems.
Support important projects within our Manufacturing operations!
Quality inspectors conduct verification and validation inspections of product and/or process against prescribed requirements. Inspectors follow quality assurance plans, use calibrated inspection equipment, and prescribed inspection methods. When non-conformances are identified, inspectors document these conditions with detail to enable an effective and efficient Material Review Board process. Inspectors may be called upon to participate in root cause/corrective action investigations.
Aurora Flight Sciences, A Boeing Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Company Name
- Aurora Flight Sciences
- Bridgeport, WV 26330
- 3+ years of directly applicable experience conducting product and/or process inspections using 2 dimensional inspection tools and equipment
- 3+ years of experience in an ISO9001 or AS9100 manufacturing environment using a computer-based ERP system; e.g. SAP Business ByDesign
- Demonstrable skill in using precision rulers, calipers, micrometers, bore gages, and other similar inspection tools
- Able to document inspection results clearly citing prescribed requirements
- AAS degree in Quality or related discipline from an accredited university
- ASQ certified quality inspector (CQI)
- 5+ years experience in aerospace manufacturing environment
- Experienced in carbon composite aerospace manufacturing processes
- Exposure to 3 dimensional inspection methods
- Familiar with CAI (computer aided inspection) methods and techniques
- Able to effectively use MS Office suite of tools
- Pass annual Visual acuity exams
- Physical dexterity sufficient to use 2 dimensional hand inspection tools and equipment
- Able to lift 40 lbs safely without special accommodations
- How to Apply