Brief Position Description
Develop and maintain quality control throughout the cement manufacturing process to ensure that all internal and external quality standards, performances and guidelines are satisfied to required specifications. Monitor plant processes from quarry operation to finished grinding for the purposes of bench marking, and subsequent identification of actions to achieve improvements in efficiency, quality, and costs.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Perform all tasks in a safe and efficient manner. Observes safetyregulations and established operational procedures at all times.Promotes safety practices and efforts throughout the plant.
- Promote environmental awareness & assure that equipment isoperated in alignment with plant environmental goals.
- Present a positive, professional attitude, and communicatesinformation regarding plant procedures and strategies to all involved.
- Provide leadership and training for quality and production members tomeet Customer expectations, plant objectives, DOT and ASTMStandards.
- Knowledge of silo and bin materials, including complete familiaritywith daily capacities of each silo or storage bin and when it will fill orempty.
- Understanding of the flow of the various materials throughout theplant.
- Knowledge of what product is being made.
- Ability to perform accurate analysis of various materials and reporting said results, and making necessary adjustments when indicated by results of said analysis.
- Communications with the Production Department on any changes that have to be made.
- Coordinate with Production to maintain product inventories. Participate in the development and implementation of laboratory standards, production targets and procedures that support effective cement manufacture and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Implements, maintains and performs testing procedures according to Quality Technical Standards.
- Responsible for directing daily activities of shift QC Technicians
- Responsible for setting quality targets and controlling to those targets from the quarry to the finish mills.
- Performs statistical analysis of instrument control samples, quality control and quality assurance data.
- Performs method development for new laboratory analysis.
- Ability to meet deadlines for special analysis.
- Reporting of “out of target” results. Recommend actions to mitigate and prevent future issues from arising.
- Responsible to work safely and productively and to keep their appropriate areas clean.
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Company Name
- Argos USA
- Martinsburg, WV 25401
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or other related field with three (3) years’ experience in a cement or other related industry OR an appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft applications, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of concrete products and production processes
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical abilities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Complete working knowledge of all equipment in laboratory
- troubleshoot the implementation of new procedures
- Problem solving: Ability to conduct Root Cause Analysis for quality related issues
- generation of quality data report and records as required
- interaction with other departments
- adherence and implementation of Best Practices
- Chemical Engineering: 2 years (Required)
- equipment in laboratory: 2 years (Required)
- concrete/ready mix products and production processes: 2 years (Required)
Those interested in applying must have a work permit for the country and have an advanced domain of the language in which the vacancy is located.
- How to Apply