Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is currently seeking a Quality Control Technician 1 to join our team in Rocket Center, West Virginia just outside of Cumberland, Maryland.
The Allegany Ballistics Laboratory (ABL) site in Rocket Center, designs, develops and manufactures tactical rocket motors, medium caliber ammunition, composite components and end items, and fuze and electronics equipment. For decades, the dedicated and highly skilled team at ABL has supported national security efforts by developing and building defense systems for DoD customers and U.S. allies.
- Performs analyses and tests of raw materials, packaging materials, and/or finished products from manufacturing, to ensure quality standards and compliance to customer and regulatory requirements, and tolerance specifications for the chemical or physical property.
- Performs a variety of qualitative tests or qualitative assays on samples, and to aid in maintenance and certification of test instruments and apparatus to ensure compliance.
- Prepares and monitors quality statistics and reports.
- Reviews production records for conformance to procedures.
- Conducts non-conformance tests of manufactured, packaged or tested product.
- Company Name
- Northrop Grumman
- West Virginia
- High School diploma/GED
- Ability to work on Multiple Shifts
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance which requires US Citizenship as a prerequisite Preferred Qualifications:
- 2 year college degree (Technical preferred) or equivalent experience
- Prior experience in Manufacturing environment
- Prior experience with using Standard Measuring Equipment. (mic’s ,verniers, height gauges, etc.)
- Must have good communication skills and also be able to work with other functional groups.
- Ability to work independently as well as with others and customers
- Ability to use MS Office Tools and Excel
- How to Apply