We are currently seeking a Quality Control (QC) Manager to work on a project based out of Nitro, West Virginia.
The Quality Control Manager shall be responsible for ensuring that all workmanship, materials, inspections, and testing are in compliance with the contract requirements. The Quality Control Manager shall not report directly to the Project Manager or other personnel on the Project but shall report to a responsible officer of the entity with the DOH or its assigned agent. Quality control shall be the sole responsibility of this person, and no additional assignments can be placed on this person.
This Quality Control Manager shall have a minimum of five (5) years of experience on projects of similar scope and magnitude.
- Oversight and review of daily quality control reports
- Documentation and inspection of each definable feature of work
- Oversight of quality control staff
- Create and review submittals
- Provide technical guidance
- Correspond with the project owners
- QCS/RMS software
- Ability to work with Project Managers, Superintendents, Project Engineers on a daily basis in order to plan and document the work
- Request for Information (RFI) development
- Company Name
- Brayman Construction
- Nitro, WV
- 5+ years’ relevant heavy construction experience
- Experience with steel erection projects a plus
- Experience with Structural Concrete and Mass Concrete a plus
- Ability to read blueprints/plans
- Flexibility to adapt to new challenges
- Proficient in Microsoft Office concentrations in Excel
- Local candidates preferred
- Must be willing to travel or relocate as necessary for projects
- Works both indoors and outdoors.
- Environment can be dirty and noisy.
- Wears appropriate protective clothing and equipment including gloves, ear protection and respirators when necessary.
- Lifting up to 50 LBS.
- Stands frequently and walks about the work areas
- Occasionally stretches up and across when completing daily tasks
- Squatting, crouching or kneeling may be required occasionally.
- Twisting the body or neck may be required occasionally.
- Bending is occasionally required to facilitate the lifting of items used daily
- Contact with skin irritants or water may occur during certain processes
- Repetitive hand and arm movements are required when operating machinery.
- The employee must be able to perform the physical demands of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- How to Apply