West Virginia Paving, Inc., an Oldcastle Materials company, is one of West Virginia’s premier grading and paving contractors in the state. West Virginia Paving, Inc. performs all aspects of roadway construction including grading, paving, stone, concrete and more. Privately owned and operated until joining the Oldcastle family in 2000, West Virginia Paving, Inc. has been servicing residents of West Virginia with the foremost paving services for decades. In addition, by being a part of the Oldcastle family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form Oldcastle. Oldcastle is the number one asphalt producer, the third-largest aggregates producer, and one of the top 5 ready mixed concrete producers in the United States. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Job Description Summary
- Employee responsible for sampling asphalt product to ensure the product meets required tests.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
- Company Name
- Quality Control Field Technician
- Partners and coordinates daily/weekly scheduling with management, plant personnel and crewmembers, as well as, Department of Transportation inspectors to obtain necessary samples and mix designs.
- Clear understanding of asphalt procedures/production.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Must partner with other members of staff reporting to Quality Control Manager to ensure quality control specifications are met, as well as daily production schedules/estimates.
- Knowledge to ensure ethical behavior and safety standards as required by the company and OSHA guidelines.
- Ability to prepare and submit proper documentation to the appropriate Quality Control personnel.
- Must understand how to evaluate test results and address problems when they arise.
- Attitude/Cooperation: Must always maintain a courteous and professional manner with co-workers, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to be flexible with last minute schedule changes, location changes, time of shift changes. Overtime work required. Out of town/county/state work may be required.
- Initiative to perform/assist with other positions for job completion.
- Ability to adhere to personal protective equipment (PPE) policy and maintain individual PPE in functional condition.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Must pass drug test and criminal background check.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required.
- WVDOH Asphalt Plant Technician certification preferred, but not required (will eventually need to acquire).
- Other state certifications as required.
West Virginia Paving, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
EOE / M / F / Vet / Disability
- How to Apply