Northwest Pipe Company
Let’s get to work!
Interested in rewarding work experiences where you can thrive personally and professionally? How about peace of mind knowing that you are part of a valued team in a growing organization?
Come be part of our team!
ABOUT THE JOB
Plans, coordinates, and directs quality control program for the Adelanto Manufacturing facility designed to ensure continuous compliance of Water Transmission and Products consistent with established standards by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors/lead persons. The Quality Assurance Manager receives general direction from the Director of Quality Assurance.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and analyzes statistical data and product specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy of finished product.
- Formulates and maintains quality control objectives and coordinates objectives with production procedures to maximize product compliance and minimize costs.
- Interprets quality control philosophy to key personnel in organization.
- Directs workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous monitoring of production in progress as well as finished product.
- Plans, promotes, and organizes training activities related to product quality.
- Assists in the investigation of internal and external customer complaints regarding quality.
- The Quality Assurance (QA) Manager will supervise and lead all QA/QC personnel including any other regular full-time employee assigned to him on a temporary basis.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
- Company Name
- Northwest Pipe Company
- Washington, WV 26184
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference; and the fundamentals of plane geometry, solid geometry, and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university and five years related experience or 10 years equivalent combination of education and experience with a minimum of five years managerial experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- AWS CWI
- NACE Level 1, 2 or 3
- ASNT-UT, PT, VT, RT, MT Level II
- ASQC-CQM, CQA, or CQE
- How to Apply