POSITION TITLE: Quality Assurance Manager – Tin Mill
To effectively and efficiently lead and manage Quality Assurance efforts in the Tin Mill Lab. This entails interfacing with several areas including other areas of Quality Assurance, Tin Mill Operations, Strip Steel Operations, Internal and External Sales, Operations Planning, and External Customers. Must also be knowledgeable on Tin Mill defects and be capable of making daily disposition of held material from processing units.
- Abide by and reinforce the Health and Safety responsibilities as defined in the Cleveland-Cliffs Health and Safety Program
- Fulfill Environmental responsibilities as defined in the Cleveland-Cliffs Environmental Program
- Ensure compliance with ISO standards (Quality, Environmental, and Safety)
- Protect the customers’ interest by interfacing with associated operations departments to assure they understand compliance to customer expectations / requirements
- Assist in disposition of suspect / held material and interface with Operations Planning Reclamation Group to assure proper reapplication of material
- Develop and maintain a professional relationship with the Union Grievers
- Develop and maintain a professional relationship with other branches of our business (including upstream Operations, Commercial, Operations Planning, and External Customers)
- Provide training so employees are competent in the performance of their duties and tasks
- Demonstrate a continuous improvement mindset.
- Participate in process studies of major equipment.
- Recommend and justify capital improvement projects needed in the Tin Mill Met Lab based on process study results and technical information / requirements.
- Participate as required with technical groups (internal and external to ArcelorMittal)
- Perform internal audits of departments to ensure conformance to ISO 9001-2015 standards
- Prepare, review, and sign customer certs on a daily basis.
- Supervise hourly technicians to ensure proper performance and review test results daily to confirm compliance with required limits on coating, chem treat, oil, hardness, yield strength, tensile strength, elongation, roughness, and modular R properties.
- When necessary make daily disposition of material held by processing units. Requires a good knowledge of Tin Mill defects and customer requirements.
Cleveland Cliffs is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
- Company Name
- Cleveland-Cliffs Weirton
- Weirton, WV 26062
- A minimum of an bachelor degree in Material Science, Chemistry or Engineering
- At least 2 years experience with Tin Mill Products and associated processing
- Working knowledge of Tim Mill process, maintenance and production facilities.
- Genuine team approach to problem solving
- 3-5 Years of experience of Tin Products and associated processing prefererred
- Extensive knowledge of Tim Mill process, maintenance and production facilities.
- Ability to work with all levels at the plant as well as with regional management and technical centers.
- Ability to work in a union environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Negotiation and Facilitation skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills’ sharing of information openly with others
- Microsoft applications including Windows and Office applications experience is preferred
- How to Apply