Associate inspects finished product for consistency within established product quality specifications. Associate conducts tests to reveal non-visual product flaws. Associate accepts product within specification and rejects all out-of-specification product. Associate ensures all testing equipment is in proper working order.
- Conduct a variety of tests on finished product to determine product quality within an established range of performance. Notify operator and/or supervisor of deviations for quick correction.
- Test raw materials for consistency, where applicable.
- Reject all out of specification product; place questionable product on “hold” for disposition by management personnel; recommend 100% audit of line run or grinding of product, if indicated.
- Assist Extrusion Associate 3s, 4s, and 5s (Operators) and floor person with troubleshooting and correcting quality related line problems.
- Complete accurately and legibly all quality assurance related paperwork.
- Ensure all testing equipment is in proper functional order and make adjustments to equipment as required.
- Calculate line speeds and weights and enter information into computer; advise operators of conformance to budgeted standards.
- Perform housekeeping duties as needed to maintain cleanliness in quality assurance lab.
- Communicate with previous and following shifts’ Quality Assurance Technicians about product quality, problems and status of work in progress.
- Punch time clock before and after shift to record time worked.
- Observe health and safety practices when handling bacon strips.
- Must pass Munsell color distinction test, or other similar instrument which tests for colorblindness.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
- Maintain supplies at workstation.
- Assist with basic Quality Assurance procedural training of new associates (Extrusion Associate 1s, 2s and 3s).
- Float to relieve Extrusion Associate 1s, 2s, 3s, 4s, and 5s for breaks as job knowledge and skills allow to include picking up scrap and relieving associates for breaks.
- Attend weekly shift meetings and monthly All Hands Forum, if required.
- Actively participate in all plant safety programs, depending on location.
- Notify Supervisor if proper tools are not furnished to complete job functions.
- Company Name
- Ply Gem
- Martinsburg, WV
- Education: High School Graduate/GED
- Experience: Six months of related or production experience is required. Six months experience as a Variform Quality Associate 3 is required.
- Knowledge: Must be able to read, write and possess above average mathematical aptitude. Must be able to perform the functions of an Extrusion Associate 1, 2, and 3.
- Mental/Physical/Visual Demands: Must possess common sense, positive attitude, and demonstrate excellent attendance. Must be quality and safety conscious, a team player. Must have good communication skills and the ability to interact with people. Must be accurate with complex operations, detail oriented with ability to operate, read, and interpret equipment/findings. Must have excellent mechanical aptitude, ability to operate a computer and ten key, and working knowledge of machine mechanics. Need ability to use and read calipers and micrometers to within one thousandth of an inch. Must be able to work quickly with product and be able to lift 86 pounds maximum, be able to lift with assistance 87 to 100 pounds, keep colors separate, and records weights accurately.
- Working Conditions: Laboratory environment with exposure to manufacturing area noise. Frequent standing, bending, lifting, pulling, pushing, reaching, twisting and walking. May experience conflicts over acceptable product quality.
- Equipment/Tools Used: Hearing protection, safety glasses, tape measure, gloves, Hunter lab, gloss meter, cold and regular impact testers, computer, scales, various gauges, pendulum, shrink tank and other items as required.
- Safety: Safe work performance is required from each Associate at all times. Perform all duties and responsibilities in a safe manner in accordance with applicable Health and Safety Manuals. Required to wear or use personal protective equipment as applicable and to immediately report unsafe working conditions.Comply with all legislative requirements as outlined by Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations.Additionally, the proper discharge of safety responsibilities is an integral part of each Associate’s performance appraisal. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- How to Apply