Calgon Carbon Corp
Calgon Carbon | A Kuraray Company currently has an opportunity where you can be a part of our growing team as we provide our customers outstanding products that make the air we breathe and the water we use safe for generations to come. We are seeking a QA Chemist for our Big Sandy Plant located in Catlettsburg, KY.
The QA Chemist will provide technical support Quality Assurance and Manufacturing for activities including, but not limited to routine Quality Assurance control activities and continuous improvement.
- Lead and/or assist with Quality Assurance and Manufacturing projects as needed
- Provide Laboratory Technician qualification training
- Identify opportunities and implement corrective action related to laboratory technician training
- Responsible for day to day oversight of specific analyses and operation of analytical instrumentation
- Develop, maintain and validate analytical methods and testing
- Take initiative and develop new approaches for problem solving
- Evaluate and maintain laboratory analytical equipment and facilitate repairs
- Interpret and communicate analytical results. Technical report summary writing as appropriate
- Applies Quality Engineering principles including, but not limited to Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing and Total Quality Management
- Serve as back-up for the QA Manager to ensure lot quality is complete, coordination of pre-shipment sample submittals to customers, certificate of analysis generation
- Direct Laboratory Technicians in various activities related to sample testing, work-flow management and special projects
- Apply technical knowledge to troubleshoot and recommend critical process change requirements for the plant specific to product quality
- Responsible for in process and finished product release management
- Coordinate and process customer pre-shipment requirements, intra-company testing needs and reporting of lot quality data
- Responsible for evaluation of finished product shelf life requirements
- Develop and maintain effective working relations with all departments
- Support continuous improvement efforts at the plant and corporate level
- Perform other duties as required by Management
- Company Name
- Calgon Carbon Corp
- Catlettsburg, KY
- A Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S.) or from a four-year college or university is preferred. Chemistry or other related technical field.
- Two to three years of laboratory experience.
Hours of work: This position requires the employee to periodically be on-call and available as needed for plant and quality assurance support. Typical expected work hours are 40-45 hours per week.
- How to Apply