Coplin Health Systmes
Full Job Description
Department Name: QI and RM
Position Title: Purchasing & Inventory Coordinator
Position Reports to: CQO
The purchasing & inventory coordinator procures supplies and equipment, coordinates inventory control systems, and manages distribution of supplies and equipment across Coplin Health Systems (CHS).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
- Prepares purchase orders and reviews requisitions for supplies and equipment.
- Purchases the highest quality merchandise at the lowest possible price, consistent with quality, delivery, and service expectations of the end user (e.g., office staff, nurses, providers).
- Identifies and proposes opportunities for cost savings in purchase and utilization, including standardizing purchase across CHS (as appropriate).
- Monitors shipments to ensure that products arrive on time and in good condition. In the event of problems, traces shipments and follows up on undelivered items.
- Assists in the negotiations and management of contracts with different vendors.
- Confers with vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable products.
- Maintains contact with vendors to stay informed of market trends, availability of supplies, new product offerings, etc.
- Work with departments to identify optimal stock levels of supplies.
- Maintains an inventory control system that aids physical stocking, cycle counts, stock rotation, removal of outdated or recalled inventory, etc.
- Oversees annual quality and safety controls for medical equipment.
- Ensures supplies and equipment are properly stored and distributed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the XXXXX.
This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties, and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Conditions of Employment
Security and Background Requirements
If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all applicants. Appointment will be subject to the applicant’s successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required later. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection, and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
Department of Homeland Security
If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS.
All employees are required to have bi-weekly payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
Other Requirements of Employment
· WVCares Clearance
· Drug Screening
· Driver’s License
Coplin Health Systems provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Coplin Health Systems complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Coplin Health Systems expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Coplin Health Systems’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Company Name
- Coplin Health Systmes
- Parkersburg, WV 26104
Inventory Control: 1 year (Preferred)
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Systems & Process
Education (level and type) and Related Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with two years of working experience related to systems and processes preferred. Minimum requirement is a high school diploma (or equivalent) with three years of experience in systems and processes.
- Inventory Control: 1 year (Preferred)
Professional Growth & Development
Coplin Health Systems believes our employees should continually develop their knowledge, skills, and abilities. All employees are expected to participate in Coplin-sponsored professional development activities (e.g., education programs, in-service meetings, training workshops, coaching, etc.) and remain current in their role capacity through individual development activities (e.g., reading current literature, participating in webinars, attending local and/or regional workshops, etc.).
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The table below shows how much on-the-job time is spent in the following physical activities:
None Under 1/3 1/3 to 2/3 Over 2/3
Using hands to finger, handle or feel X
Reaching with hands and arms X
Climbing or Balancing X
Stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling X
Talking or hearing X
Tasting or smelling X
This position is described as light physical activity job. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers and smartphones. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with frequent interruptions.
Lifting to 25 pounds X
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- $40,000 - $50,000 per year
- How to Apply