- Westlake Chemical offers you the potential to enrich your work life and career experience in an entrepreneurial environment. We work together to enhance peoples’ lives through our products and presence in the communities in which we operate. Westlake Chemical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristics protected by applicable legislation.
If you are an active Westlake Chemical employee (or an employee of any Westlake Chemical affiliates), please do not apply here. Please go to your Workday homepage and click on the “Careers” worklet and view “Westlake Career Opportunities”.
This position coordinates activities required for the Process Safety Management (PSM) and Risk Management Plan (RMP) programs, including development and implementation of standards of practice. This position also coordinates the Fundamental Operator Training (FOT) and the Operations Wage Training programs. This position is a member of the HSE organization and reports to the Site HSE Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule and coordinate the completion of all required Process Hazard Assessments (PHAs).
- Administer the PSM program and provide guidance and recommendations for improvement.
- Oversee the MOC process including Chair of the MOC Committee, track MOC progress, conduct internal audits and provide recommendations for improvement
- Track and report on the PSM metrics. Analyze plant data to discover trends in PSM performance.
- Coordinate with corporate HSE to ensure alignment of site PSM procedures and practices with corporate guidelines and expectations.
- Coordinate the FOT program given to new hires. Schedule and track progress of trainees. Coordinates development of trainers providing FOT.
- Coordinate the operations wage training program including training module materials and qualification process.
- Tracks progress of all operator training in the plant. This includes maintaining current list of trainees, establishing training schedules, etc.
- Communicate with trainees and trainers to gauge effectiveness of training program and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Update Department Superintendents on training progress and communicate any issues that need resolved.
- Maintain the plant HSE training matrix.
- Site champion for HSE software applications such as Enablon, Training Exchange, Enterprise Document Management System, etc.
Westlake Chemical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristics protected by applicable legislation.
- Company Name
- Westlake Chemical
- Proctor, WV 26055
Education and Experience:
- B.S. degree in Chemical Engineering or similar technical degree
- at least 5 years of relevant PSM experience, preferably in a chemical/petrochemical /refinery environment.
- Knowledge of PSM regulations, standards and procedures.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Good computer skills, particularly with MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to effectively interact with Operations, Maintenance, Corporate, and governmental agencies.
- How to Apply