Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 85 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver. Kleinfelder is looking for a dynamic Project Manager/Engineer to join our team in supporting projects managed in our Mid-Atlantic Engineering Group. He or she will be detail-oriented with a commitment to project excellence. Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to lead and inspire a team are valued attributes for this position. The project work will be multi-disciplinary in nature, but experience in oil & gas is a plus.
- Oversee pursuits, designate the appropriate resources to projects, define client needs, address client concerns and manage engineering resources within budget.
- Lead and participate in technical, cost, and scheduling decisions for interdisciplinary teams ensuring company quality standards and driving customer value
- Nurture and grow client relationships and contracts that include complex, multi-disciplinary projects
- Leading, growing and mentoring staff – supporting the achievement of professional career goals.
- Devise new approaches to problems encountered.
- Manage all phases of project execution including project organization, subcontractor management, scheduling, financial management, health and safety stewardship, and reporting
- Collaborate on a program of design and construction management projects striving for continuous improvement in process development and execution
- Build relationships on technical and client service teams and within client organizations
- Communicate effectively with internal and external teams of clients and stakeholders
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
- Company Name
- Kleinfelder, Inc.
- Bridgeport, WV 26330
Skills & Experience:
- 7+ years of engineering experience in the civil design, permitting and/or construction of a variety of projects in the energy and infrastructure markets.
- Possess knowledge permitting requirements and interfacing with state and local agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to actively develop and maintain client relationships.
- Experienced in Business Development activities with a background in utilizing standard tools and information to make tactical course corrections regarding client selection, assignments, targeted opportunities, and proposal efforts.
- Ability to assess and resolve issues and conflicts internally and externally.
Education: B.S. degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering is preferred; or equivalent experience and education.
Experience: Minimum of 8 years of related design/engineering experience and 3 years of project management experience required. Experience in oil & gas is desired, but not required.
Certification/Registration: Professional Engineer is required.
- How to Apply