Frontier-Kemper Constructors, Inc.
rontier-Kemper Constructors, Inc., a leader in heavy civil construction and underground construction in North America and Canada, is seeking experienced candidates for Project Engineer to work at our Project near Volga, West Virginia.
The position is responsible for all onsite engineering services required to construct underground structures such as shafts, tunnels, slopes, and other duties as assigned. The Project Engineer will work with the Corporate Engineering and Mining Departments as required.
The essential functions of the position are:
- Quality Control – Ensuring that construction work complies with both project specifications and company standard
- Document Control – Prepare and distribute all required documentation records including various cost, schedule and production reports
- Surveying – Establish, maintain, and advance line and grade control for excavation and construction.
- Prepare drawings and sketches to support construction work, as-built records, change orders, estimates, etc.
- Field Reporting – Accurately complete daily, weekly and monthly reporting requirements
- Safety – Comply and promote the Company safety policies to ensure a safe workplace while also observing MSHA Federal and State standards
Frontier-Kemper Constructors, Inc. offers a competitive salary, excellent insurance benefits including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, 401k, and paid vacation, sick time, and holidays.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and provides opportunities to small, woman owned, minority owned, locally owned, veteran owned, disabled owned, and disadvantaged businesses (m/f/v/d).
- Company Name
- Frontier-Kemper Constructors, Inc.
- Volga, WV 26238
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil, Mining, Structural Engineering or Construction Management
- 1 to 3 years of construction experience is required
- Familiar with the use of surveying instruments; total station, rotation laser, etc.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and experience with AutoCAD
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in order to communicate with clients, management and production staff
- Ability to apply basic engineering principles to solve construction engineering issues
- Must be able to work underground in a challenging environment with exposure to heights
- How to Apply