Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Camden, NJ, the company employs over 6,800 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 15 million people in 46 states. To learn more about American Water and additional career opportunities, visit www.amwater.com.
Undertakes assignments and activities related to the development of water and wastewater infrastructure projects including preparation of feasibility studies, acquisition of permits, and design of facilities. Typical projects include, but are not limited to, potable water wells, treatment facilities, storage tanks, and water distribution systems along with sewers, pumping stations, septic systems, and wastewater treatment facilities.
- Performs engineering calculations, contributes to the preparation of engineering and project reports, conducts field investigations, develops engineering cost estimates and prepares design sketches and drawings, all under the supervision of a managing engineer. (30%)
- Monitoring and managing budgets and schedules for several medium to small Capital Investment Projects and programs of moderate scope and complexity. (20%)
- Delivery of assigned Capital Projects in accordance with policies and procedures set for in the Capital Investment Management (CIM) system to meet asset needs. (15%)
- Asset Owner satisfaction in accordance with the scope of work agreed upon for each project. Interacts with Operations personnel to ensure project delivery program meets operations needs and is coordinated with operations personnel on operational impacts related to project delivery program. (15%)
- Provides limited assistance in the development of new business documents and proposals. (10%)
- Prepares portions or entire project reports/designs for project manager. (10%)
Join American Water…We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.
- Company Name
- American Water
- Charleston, WV
- Proficient use of Office 365
- Understanding of distribution and collection system hydraulics, water and wastewater treatment equipment and processes, kinetics, limitations and effluent testing
- Drinking water treatment techniques and contaminant removal techniques.
- Construction cost estimating techniques.
- Ability to write and edit engineering proposals and reports.
- Minimum 7 years experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
Certifications & Licenses:
- Professional Engineering (PE) license preferred, EIT (or ability to pass within 6 months)
- How to Apply