West Virginia American Water
Charleston, WV location
Undertakes assignments and activities related to the development of water and wastewater infrastructure projects including preparation of feasibility studies, acquisition of permits, and design of facilities. Typical projects include, but are not limited to, potable water wells, treatment facilities, storage tanks, and water distribution systems along with sewers, pumping stations, septic systems, and wastewater treatment facilities.
There are two Project Engineer positions available in this group.
- Performs engineering calculations, contributes to the preparation of engineering and project reports, conducts field investigations, develops engineering cost estimates and prepares design sketches and drawings, all under the supervision of a managing engineer. (30%)
- Monitoring and managing budgets and schedules for several medium to small Capital Investment Projects and programs of moderate scope and complexity. (20%)
- Delivery of assigned Capital Projects in accordance with policies and procedures set for in the Capital Investment Management (CIM) system to meet asset needs. (15%)
- Asset Owner satisfaction in accordance with the scope of work agreed upon for each project. Interacts with Operations personnel to ensure project delivery program meets operations needs and is coordinated with operations personnel on operational impacts related to project delivery program. (15%)
- Provides limited assistance in the development of new business documents and proposals. (10%)
- Prepares portions or entire project reports/designs for project manager. (10%)
- Company Name
- West Virginia American Water
- 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. Charleston, WV 25302
Knowledge / Skills
- Demonstrated competency of engineering practices related to planning, design, and construction of water/wastewater facilities, engineering and utility economics, contract administration and construction technology.
- Working knowledge of regulatory developments, new technology and current trends in water/wastewater, developer services and engineering economics.
- Knowledge of applicable safety and environmental regulations, federal and state water quality and design regulations and technical standards.
- Applicable knowledge of water resources industry, business and environmental regulatory field.
- Ability to effectively interact with colleagues, governmental agencies, consultants and the general public.
- Leadership ability and interpersonal skills (tact/diplomacy, persuasion, cooperation and ability to motivate others).
- Solid verbal and written communication skills (e.g., presentation, listening, report writing.)
- Detail oriented to conduct through analysis and evaluations, render and implement timely decisions and recommendations.
- Computer literacy. Competent in the use of word processing, spreadsheet, flow-charting, project scheduling.
- Financial analysis skills, including budget management and basic accounting knowledge.
Functional / Technical Skills
Learning on the Fly
Experience / Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Professional Engineering (PE) license preferred, EIT (or ability to pass within 6 months).
- Minimum 7 years experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience in water/wastewater planning, design, and construction.
20% In-State Travel to support business requirements as necessary.
- How to Apply