Full Job Description
For more than 50 years, Silgan Plastics has defined the plastic bottling industry from technical innovation to creative packaging solutions. No matter what your packaging needs, Silgan can and will handle them. From creation to commercialization, our customized approach to each customer’s requirements is what sets us apart from the rest.
Have immediate positions for Packers, General labors and Machine Operators. Duties include inspecting and packing bottles at standard rate on assigned line(s) Responsible for general housekeeping. Assisting in scrap removal and grinding. . May be required to operate, load a conveyor May be required to tape and unitize cartons.
- Promote a safe working environment
- Understands and adheres to all Silgan safety policies and procedures to prevent injury to self and co-workers
- Monitor ware for quality defects and promptly inform the operator and/ or the coordinator.
- Pack at standard rate.
- Operate a punch.
- Load conveyors and flamers.
- Practice housekeeping on assigned line(s) and around machine including mopping if necessary.
- Remove scrap from around the line.
- Grind and pull plastic as needed.
- Make and unitize cartons as assigned.
- Initial and date box labels.
- Make out unit tickets.
- Do any other work as assigned by the Supervisor.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Vision insurance
Silgan Plastics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, or the presence of a disability, which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties with, or without reasonable accommodation of any other protective status.
Silgan Plastics is a drug-free workplace.
- Company Name
- Silgan Plastics
- Triadelphia, WV, 26059
Required: High School or GED
Required: 1 years manufacturing experience
Required: Must be dependable, have a good attendance record and be able to understand bottle specifications to assure proper bottle inspection
LIMITATIONS & DISCLAIMER:
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
Silgan will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities unless doing so would cause undue hardship.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position. Associates will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- How to Apply