Graham Packaging Company, L.P.
Graham Packaging Company is looking for a Utility Operator in Newell, WV. The starting pay for this position is $17.21 per hour.
Utilities are responsible for general housekeeping of the production area, packing, case making, inspecting, other general factory tasks in accordance with established procedures, specifications and other guidelines. The primary duties of a Utility role include:
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement projects and other related activities as assigned.
- Visually inspect finished product for defects and ensure that cases are properly sealed.
- Pack bottles in accordance to the customer specification.
- Clear trimmer jams and restart, shut off/on trimmer in a safe manner.
- Notify supervisor or lead of potential problems with finished product and/or machinery.
- De-label and grind bottles as necessary, checking for contamination before grinding.
- Strapping, tying, stacking, and orienting cases and units properly in correct unit load pattern to satisfy customer request.
- Use case making equipment in a safe manner.
- Maintain hot/cold glue tanks by keeping full.
- Perform fiber tear checks to ensure proper glue application and pattern.
- Notify the appropriate coworker, forklift driver, or assignee when supplies at the machine need to be replenished.
- Communicate with incoming shift or line replacement on any problems with quality, machine, and packing configurations.
- Assist with rework and heldware to ensure effective completion.
- Restart, start, stop, and clears all downstream equipment as required.
- Assist in the training of permanent and temporary workforce in stacking, packing quality, and case machines.
- Keep work area and other facilities clean, orderly and safe.
- Complete written documentation as required.
- May perform basic stretch wrapper functions.
- Limited travel may be required
- Company Name
- Graham Packaging Company, L.P.
- Newell, WV
Utilities are required to interact with managers and employees. Therefore, the following skills and proficiencies are also essential of the position:
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.
- How to Apply