Summary of the Role
This position is typically responsible for a variety of tasks that are manufacturing or distribution based and may include assembling and manufacturing sales orders, picking product from the warehouse, shipping and receiving and the delivery of products to customers.
- Must maintain 100% commitment to safety policies and procedures.
- Receives incoming shipments into inventory, posts in online system and places items in warehouse.
- Picks product in warehouse and prepares items for delivery or shipping
- Assembles products to company, customer and manufacturer’s standards
- Performs all product testing to quality standards as required by the customer and per company work instruction
- Operates mechanical equipment, hand tools, forklifts and picking lifts
- Makes recommendations to management with respect to product and process improvements
- Assists with physical inventory
- Delivers product as required
- Performs other related duties as required
- Company Name
- Charleston, WV
Skills and Abilities
- Possess excellent customer service skills and the ability to interact with customers, and team-members in a professional manner
- Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Requires a proficiency in math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in units of measure. Additionally, must be able to perform calculations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
- Basic mechanical skills including the use of hand tools.
- Basic computer skills including; MS Word, Excel, internet and email.
- 1-2 years of warehousing or production experience in an industrial setting
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- A valid driver’s license, and a clean driving record are required.
- How to Apply