We are a technology and applications leader with the industry knowledge and applications expertise to meet customer needs across industrial, food, medical, chemical and electronics industries. We offer over 120 years of proven experience in the safe and reliable production and delivery of industrial, medical and specialty gases. We’re the talented people you know and trust, now with a new name.
Formed in 2019 after our business was acquired from Linde AG by Messer Group and CVC Capital Partners, we draw on a rich heritage of industrial gases expertise to meet customer needs. We know the industries we serve inside and out – and we know our customers depend on us for more than just safe and reliable supply.
Today our deep understanding of industry trends and customer requirements allows us to collaborate intensely with customers to identify and develop long-term solutions that deliver competitive advantage. Our in-depth knowledge of customers’ manufacturing processes enables turn-key engineering with minimal plant downtime, and our technology development capabilities are unrivaled.
Safety and Regulatory
Process Operation and Efficiency
- Manage site compliance to management systems; Serve as Safety, Health, Environmental and Emergency Co-ordinator, QC Designee, Document Manager, and Corrective and Preventative Action administrator.
- Ensure all changes to equipment or procedures follow EMOC procedure.
- Ensure the HWP process, Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) and energy isolation procedures are adhered to by all employees and contractors.
- Manage all waste streams leaving site(s) to comply with government regulation.
- Manage storage of all hazardous materials at site(s) in accordance with government regulation.
- Host internal and external audits: utilize Web Audit Manager and Synergy to execute, document all corrective actions issued to the site from Audits and Incidents review (when applicable).
- Maintain site security and orderliness.
- Planning and executing of major and minor plant maintenance activities including management and oversight of contractors.
- Ensure all equipment condition monitoring parameters are reviewed and in within limits.
- Ensure spare parts are available and inventories are accurate.
- Oversee all planned and unplanned maintenance activities.
- Provide turnaround scopes to scheduling, sales, reliability group etc…
- Maintain current the Site Contingency Plan information.
- Maintain a Shutdown and Turnaround work list and schedule.
- Manage the efficient use of downtime.
- Responsible for reliable plant operations (including ECOVARs and C02 depots where applicable).
- Execute the production plan – interface with the ROC (where applicable) and the national scheduling center (NSC) (where applicable).
- Inventory management of bulk liquid storage and backup units at the site(s).
- Ensure work instructions are adhered to.
- Act as process expert and know when to escalate problems to Area, Regional or Central levels.
- Ensure compliance with corporate standards and best operating practices.
- Work effectively with organization support groups to improve reliability and costs.
Administrative and Managerial (Staff)
Administrative and Managerial (Customer)
- Manage payroll and personnel issues.
- Assist with hiring of operational staff for the facility.
- Manage staff training and growth through computerized training program and performance management process.
- Manage change, encourage capability, motivate staff, development and foster teamwork within the plant.
- Ensure all employees, contractors and visitors are appropriately trained.
- Timely and accurate entry of information required to invoice the customer.
- Accept On-call duty and overtime as required.
- Follow all Quality Control requirements to ensure a quality product is delivered to Messer’s customers.
- Meet FDA requirements (where applicable).
- Assist Area Manager with managing customers relationship; Act as point of contact for day-to-day operational issues with customers (customer liaison - including tonnage invoicing data collection).
- Promote customer focus amongst staff.
- Manage customer reporting process (if applicable).
- Provide technical support to commercial account representatives.
- Administrative and Managerial (Fiscal)
- Assist Area Manager with planning budget(s) and control variable costs.
- Perform benefit analysis for decisions.
- Meet or exceed performance indicators.
- Company Name
- Messer Americas
- Parkersburg, WV
- Bachelor Degree - Engineering discipline preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of related process plant operations and reliability activity experience
- Demonstrated track record in solid safety performance
- Valid drivers license with good record
- Math – basic algebra, fractions/percentages, unit conversionPersonal computer proficiency (Internet, word processing, spreadsheets), and other software used by the company
- Knowledge of Messer Management Processes
- Strong organizational ability
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal abilities to support mentoring/coaching activities
- Aptitude for Project management/Change management
- Capacity for Crisis Management skills – damage control, tradeoffs, etc
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with relevant OSHA standards
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to interpret engineering and electrical drawings to include P&IDs and One Line Diagrams
- How to Apply