For more than 50 years, Silgan Plastics has defined the plastic bottling industry from technical innovation to creative packaging solutions. No matter what your packaging needs, Silgan can and will handle them.
From creation to commercialization, our customized approach to each customer’s requirements is what sets us apart from the rest.
- Trains, evaluates, and takes appropriate action to maintain a safe work environment with established standards and guidelines.
- Manage the people and processes in manufacturing to effectively produce a quality product.
- Investigates, evaluates and takes appropriate action to maintain quality within established standards and guidelines. Actively pursues opportunities to improve product quality.
- Investigates, evaluates and takes appropriate action to maintain and improve production efficiencies within the established standards or guidelines.
- Investigates, evaluates, reports and takes appropriate action to maintain cooperative relations.
- Investigates, evaluates and takes appropriate action to keep the resource usage within established standards or guidelines.
*Lead the CAPA process and verify Corrective Action effectiveness
*Lead Quality System Failure investigations to identify root cause and implement corrective actions
*Continually track KPI and report plant metrics during the management review
*Apply Lean Principles to reduce waste
*Train employees on 5S and lead projects to Improve work-flow
*Lead multi departments teams to implement process changes to address
*Lead performance analysis of issues to drive improvement.
*Provide support to cross functional teams to implement and validate corrective actions.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Vision insurance
LIMITATIONS & DISCLAIMER:
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
Silgan will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities unless doing so would cause undue hardship.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position. Associates will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Silgan Plastics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, or the presence of a disability, which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties with, or without reasonable accommodation of any other protective status.
Silgan Plastics is a drug-free workplace.
- Company Name
- Silgan Plastics
- Triadelphia, WV 26059
- Responsible for production, quality, safety, employee relations and resource control on the production floor.
- Train Personnel – Training never ends. Training includes formal and informal methods. Supervisors spend a lot of time training and working with people. This should be accelerated with new, displaced, or unfamiliar workers.
- Maximize Production Throughout – Supervisors are responsible for the efficient use of labor and materials to maximize production throughout.
- Maintain Equipment – Insure all equipment is in good operating condition. Prevent down time due to mechanical problems through anticipating problems and correcting them before down time occurs.
- Follow Standard Practices – Supervisors are responsible to ensure equipment is set up to proper manufacturing standards to provide quality production and efficient, trouble free operation.
- Maximize Floor Time – To be effective, supervisors are expected to spend 60-80% of their time on the floor. Supervisors are responsible to actively participate in the identification and resolution of any problems that may occur.
- Review Production Reports – When reviewing production reports, supervisors must know reasons for all periods of substandard performance and formulate plans to immediately
- Effective Verbal and Written Communications – Supervisors must effectively use verbal and written communications to communicate production and quality related issues to others. The use of effective communication is necessary to maintain equipment condition, insure proper maintenance practices and for the timely resolution of problems.
- Administer established standards, practices, and procedures. Responsible to meet standard efficiency, scrap loss, material usage, UPH.
- Direct and Assign Work to Employees – Supervisors must insure adequate work is assigned to employees. Employees must be effectively utilized, particularly those employees with discretionary time (i.e. utility, relief). Employees must understand where they are to work, what their responsibilities are, and how long they are expected to perform those duties.
- Know and Apply Written Safety Procedures – Knowledge and application of all safety manual programs is required. Supervisors need to keep themselves and their employees abreast of changes and updates to these programs.
- Inspect Work Areas – Supervisors are responsible for inspecting their work areas daily for unsafe conditions & behaviors. When recognized, unsafe conditions & behaviors need to be corrected immediately. Supervisors should make direct contact with each of their employees weekly, in routine communication, to discuss job related safety topics.
- Investigate Accidents & Near Misses – Supervisors are responsible for reporting, investigating, and documenting all accidents and reported near misses. Investigations must be completed in a timely manner.
- Enforce Safety Rules – Supervisors are key to enforcement of safe work practices. Supervisors must initiate appropriate measures with employees who fail to follow established safety procedures.
- SPC working knowledge including continuous improvements efforts.
Required: High School diploma
Preferred: Bachelors degree in a technical discipline
Required: 3-5 yrs supervision experience
Preferred: 3-5 yrs supervision experience in a plastic process facility.
Required: Microsoft Suite, strong leadership, SPC knowledge.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- How to Apply