SMR Technologies, Inc.
Job Title: Supervisor, Manufacturing
FLSA Status: Exempt paid bi-weekly or twice a month
SMR Technologies, Inc. is:
- Detail-oriented—quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented—results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable—traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented—supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented—cooperative and collaborative
This position will coordinate and expedite the flow of materials, parts, and assemblies; maintain production schedules; determine staffing requirements; compile and maintain computerized records of inventory and production reports; and arrange for the repair and assembly of materials or parts. Requirements include: Associates Degree (A.A.) from a two year College or Technical
School required. Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) is preferred, or equivalent of education and experience.
Implements activities in production unit(s) to meet production goals, quality and cost objectives, to include supervision of exempt and nonexempt associates involved in production, assembly, sub-assembly or fabrication operations; by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Reviews and prioritizes production schedules based on product introduction, efficiency, materials supply and personnel resources; assigns associates to maximize production objectives, maintain quality and attain output requirements.
2. Informs assigned associates of production and/or material problems and coordinates with support groups to resolve operational problems affecting schedules.
3. Participates in establishing and modifying operational methods and processes by recommending changes in materials, equipment, and procedures.
4. Develops schedules and personnel requirements for assigned areas; maintains a variety of reports, records and production documentation to reflect schedules, performance, methods, and other manufacturing aspects.
Provides direct supervision to nonexempt associates and may provide general supervision to lower-level supervisors. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s guidelines, procedures, policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Receives assignments in the form of objectives, with goals and processes to meet outlined goals.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Company Name
- SMR Technologies, Inc.
- Fenwick, WV 26202
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS None required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Associate will be working in an area that contains solvents and other chemical compounds.
2 years supervisory experience preferred
Bachelors Degree preferred
- How to Apply